Husbands and handbags

This thread was so much fun to read :smile:
My husband is definitely my enabler when it comes to my purse addiction. He has surprised me multiple times & each time was successful. Lucky me ♡♡♡
Sometimes my cousin even asks for his opinion when she is buying purses for herself...LOL!

You are so lucky!

This thread was so much fun to read :smile:
My husband is definitely my enabler when it comes to my purse addiction. He has surprised me multiple times & each time was successful. Lucky me ♡♡♡
Sometimes my cousin even asks for his opinion when she is buying purses for herself...LOL!

He's a keeper...for sure! [emoji6]

I'm so lucky on this one. My husband listens carefully when I'm mumbling, grumbling, evaluating and perusing. Then he surprises me with bags that I won't buy for myself. For example, he bought me a gorgeous classic black Prada for one of my birthday presents last December. Then he bought me a beautiful gray Chanel as one of my presents for Christmas. Both of which I had wanted, stalked and loved but refused to spend the money on. He's the same way on jewelry - my other passion.

So, each December I look forward to seeing what surprises he has in store. 😃

I'm so lucky on this one. My husband listens carefully when I'm mumbling, grumbling, evaluating and perusing. Then he surprises me with bags that I won't buy for myself. For example, he bought me a gorgeous classic black Prada for one of my birthday presents last December. Then he bought me a beautiful gray Chanel as one of my presents for Christmas. Both of which I had wanted, stalked and loved but refused to spend the money on. He's the same way on jewelry - my other passion.

So, each December I look forward to seeing what surprises he has in store. ��
How wonderful...I look forward to seeing what your DH buys you, too!
Post a pic.................

I got a MK fulton from my husband for xmas (which means i will need to wait to use it lol) but i had to go with him til the store to get! My husband doesnt know anything about purses and never tried buy one for me himself alone! In the other hand he thinks im mentally sick with all my purses lol

I don't think my DH would ever feel comfortable buying me a handbag because he knows how personal the criteria can be. But he supports my addiction and helps me make decisions. After my last purchase he said, "I was so proud of you for choosing the bag you did. It's so classy!!!" :loveeyes:

That said, I just bought 2 new bags from Bloomindales because, you know.... SALE. I am not sure how to break the news to DH. Should I just start using them and then tell him I got them at TJ Maxx for $25 bucks a piece??? :angel:

My husband is definitely an enabler. He pays attention to what I buy/look at, and will even comment on other women's bags in the mall or on TV. Sometimes he even notices when someone has a fake! :lol: He's bought me a few surprise bags over the years & always does very well. He typically chooses more expensive bags than what I would normally go for, but I guess that's a good thing. :lol:

PS I have several military surplus bags (WW2-era US & Brit-made) and they are fantastic.

Dah bought me a speedy a few years ago. I had been dropping hints about the neverfull for a while, and he totally mixed up the two bags (seeing as I also talked about the speedy). It was so thoughtful, but after he found out that the bag is mostly painted canvas, he made an oath to never buy me a bag again. Lol...he's stayed true to that! But he has since bought me tons of other high-end goodies. He just can't get his head around bags, plus he thinks I have too many as is :smile:

DH is tolerant at best of my handbag, ummm, interests. So we go to a few nonprofit events every year where there are silent auctions. At one, close to my birthday, he seized the moment to get a few of his favorite things all at once ... a gift for me, an additional donation for the nonprofit, and the warm glow of winning. Thus my birthday gift, and the only bag he has ever been brave enough to give me, came from his winning bid for this Ferragamo Mini Fiamma. I had to suppress a laugh when I saw it cause ain't much fittin' in this little guy. If only it were one size up, the small Fiamma, SIGH. Still, DH got many reinforcing hugs and I've worn the bag about four times. Here she is, my perky pink lady with my 7 inch wallet and a pen for size comparison.

But PS, it's a gorgeous bag lined completely in leather, and a golden opportunity to buy a new wallet. Lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 212
DH is tolerant at best of my handbag, ummm, interests. So we go to a few nonprofit events every year where there are silent auctions. At one, close to my birthday, he seized the moment to get a few of his favorite things all at once ... a gift for me, an additional donation for the nonprofit, and the warm glow of winning. Thus my birthday gift, and the only bag he has ever been brave enough to give me, came from his winning bid for this Ferragamo Mini Fiamma. I had to suppress a laugh when I saw it cause ain't much fittin' in this little guy. If only it were one size up, the small Fiamma, SIGH. Still, DH got many reinforcing hugs and I've worn the bag about four times. Here she is, my perky pink lady with my 7 inch wallet and a pen for size comparison.

But PS, it's a gorgeous bag lined completely in leather, and a golden opportunity to buy a new wallet. Lol.
So cute! I've had my eye on this bag in the small size. How nice for DH to get it for you. They can be such sweeties! Now you just need the perfect card case. 😉

What a beautiful bag, westvillage! And what a sweet husband you have!

Your husband is very sweet indeed and I agree it's a great opportunity to buy a cardholder and perhaps lots of other goodies in mini size [emoji12]