Husbands and handbags

My DH really wanted to buy me a bag for our anniversary this year. After going back and forth with his sister he ended up giving me a LV gift card. When he saw the Damier Ebene Speedy B 25 that I purchased with it he wasn't all that impressed, probably thought I would be able to buy more than that because he is oblivious to the cost of luxury brands. He would have been even less impressed if he knew that I had to add a little extra to the gift card to get the bag!

He never has lol. He knows now that I prefer handbags over jewelry. My hubby is very sweet. Last year for my birthday, he surprised me with a new diamond ring/wedding band, went down on one knee and proposed again. I didn't know ANYTHING about jewelry, I assumed it was 1000 or something but I was surprised at how much he paid. I was upset at first but he told me it's because he never got me a really nice ring.. we got married young ( 21yo and broke, not much has changed in 10 years lol)and at the time we just picked out a ring at the pawn shop 😕. Anyways, I told him next time I prefer a handbag.. and to ask me which one I prefer lol . Easier than guessing.

I love all these stories! Even the ones that didn't work out, the intentions were good :smile: thanks for sharing! My husband is getting to know the brands but he hasn't been brave enough to buy me one...yet!

I received "surprise" black leather map case yesterday.
Bought @ military surplus store.
Because man in my life thought would suit smaller/dog walking bag role.

Sweet thought. Might have worked.
Didn't.

After soaking in sun outside, being sprayed with vinegar & stuffed with coffee beans--still reeks of weird chemicals.
Color already peeling off/cracking, as bend straps.

His first epic fail.
All other bag gifts = perfect. Even surprises.

No wrong--easy to engineer fatal accident for map case, then move on. ;)

That's so funny/cute and I really like how you actually tried to make it work :biggrin:

Yes. DH got me a gold MK bag for Valentine's Day this year. He went to the store, picked it out all by himself and proudly presented it to me at dinner that night. He was grinning from ear to ear, SO excited and proud of himself.

It's not something I would have picked out myself (too blingy) but I love that dang purse. The intent was for me to take it on our vacation to FL the following week and I did (even though I really missed my Hermes [emoji26]). It has now become my staple vacation/FL bag and everytime I carry it I remember that silly grin on his face. Priceless!!!

ps it also came with matching shoes [emoji23]

View attachment 3192069

View attachment 3192070

A www, that's so sweet!

I don't think my husband would try to pick out something so expensive on his own. Sweet guy did go in with every intention of buying me a new wallet that I DESPERATELY needed for our anniversary this year. Somehow that darn SA let him walk out with this.

It's cute and all but I already have an Eva and I NEEDED a new wallet so bad! For my birthday he picked something else out that I never would have ordered as I think LV's jewelry is overpriced for what it is. That being said, I love that he picked it out himself and I wear it all the time because it's special to me.

Yes. DH got me a gold MK bag for Valentine's Day this year. He went to the store, picked it out all by himself and proudly presented it to me at dinner that night. He was grinning from ear to ear, SO excited and proud of himself.

It's not something I would have picked out myself (too blingy) but I love that dang purse. The intent was for me to take it on our vacation to FL the following week and I did (even though I really missed my Hermes [emoji26]). It has now become my staple vacation/FL bag and everytime I carry it I remember that silly grin on his face. Priceless!!!

ps it also came with matching shoes [emoji23]

View attachment 3192069

View attachment 3192070

Lovely story!

Sounds familiar, mine did similar for a Valentines at Gucci and bought probably one of the only bags I wouldn't have bought. Worse my SA was in on it. I use it for the beach or holidays too LOL, I would never get rid of it.

My DH really wanted to buy me a bag for our anniversary this year. After going back and forth with his sister he ended up giving me a LV gift card. When he saw the Damier Ebene Speedy B 25 that I purchased with it he wasn't all that impressed, probably thought I would be able to buy more than that because he is oblivious to the cost of luxury brands. He would have been even less impressed if he knew that I had to add a little extra to the gift card to get the bag!

This!

Guys have (luckily) no idea how much these things cost

He never has lol. He knows now that I prefer handbags over jewelry. My hubby is very sweet. Last year for my birthday, he surprised me with a new diamond ring/wedding band, went down on one knee and proposed again. I didn't know ANYTHING about jewelry, I assumed it was 1000 or something but I was surprised at how much he paid. I was upset at first but he told me it's because he never got me a really nice ring.. we got married young ( 21yo and broke, not much has changed in 10 years lol)and at the time we just picked out a ring at the pawn shop 😕. Anyways, I told him next time I prefer a handbag.. and to ask me which one I prefer lol . Easier than guessing.

:tender: ah but that's so sweet

I don't think my husband would try to pick out something so expensive on his own. Sweet guy did go in with every intention of buying me a new wallet that I DESPERATELY needed for our anniversary this year. Somehow that darn SA let him walk out with this.

It's cute and all but I already have an Eva and I NEEDED a new wallet so bad! For my birthday he picked something else out that I never would have ordered as I think LV's jewelry is overpriced for what it is. That being said, I love that he picked it out himself and I wear it all the time because it's special to me.

I must say I love that necklace, it is very special

Love all these stories, too!
My DH was dropping off some suits at St. Vincent de Paul thrift store. Let's just say we've both gained a bit of weight. He saw a black bag in their curio cabinet and asked to look at it. My style (handheld plus shoulder), black box leather, beautifully made, cool HW and brand spankin' new with tags. Never heard of this Italian brand, Gianfranco Lotti. Retail $1345. He bought it for $175. A good cause to boot!
Absolutely love it and have used it a lot...............

Attachments

• Gianfranco Lotti.jpg
    Gianfranco Lotti.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 311
My DH was dropping off some suits at St. Vincent de Paul thrift store. Let's just say we've both gained a bit of weight. He saw a black bag in their curio cabinet and asked to look at it. My style (handheld plus shoulder), black box leather, beautifully made, cool HW and brand spankin' new with tags. Never heard of this Italian brand, Gianfranco Lotti. Retail $1345. He bought it for $175. A good cause to boot!

Nice!!

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/shoppinmel/media/Me and Me_zps3cp3s3at.jpg.html

Sales people know that if a man enters a shop, then it's an easy sale especially around the holiday seasons (Xmas, Valentines, Mother's Days, etc.) I used to work in retail when going through uni, and we always prefer male shoppers as it's much easier to upsell. :P

Total beauty and a bargain too :tup:

That's the thing, when you can recognise quality, you can recognise it anywhere and everywhere

I received "surprise" black leather map case yesterday.
Bought @ military surplus store.
Because man in my life thought would suit smaller/dog walking bag role.

Sweet thought. Might have worked.
Didn't.

After soaking in sun outside, being sprayed with vinegar & stuffed with coffee beans--still reeks of weird chemicals.
Color already peeling off/cracking, as bend straps.

His first epic fail.
All other bag gifts = perfect. Even surprises.

No wrong--easy to engineer fatal accident for map case, then move on. ;)

I have a spare military issue map bag around here somewhere too, funny that :P

I must say I love that necklace, it is very special

Thank you! It really is. I'm ashamed to admit that I was really torn about keeping it at first. It is so much money for "costume jewelry" and it is actually quite long on me. But in the end I just loved the fact that he picked it out and went in and ordered it for me. I couldn't let it go. It means so much to him every time I wear it.

Sales people know that if a man enters a shop, then it's an easy sale especially around the holiday seasons (Xmas, Valentines, Mother's Days, etc.) I used to work in retail when going through uni, and we always prefer male shoppers as it's much easier to upsell. :P

Oh I bet! Easy sale!

Sounds familiar, mine did similar for a Valentines at Gucci and bought probably one of the only bags I wouldn't have bought. Worse my SA was in on it. I use it for the beach or holidays too LOL, I would never get rid of it.

You are a very good wife for keeping it! I'm not that familiar with Gucci but I'm always surprised by how different their bags can look! Sometimes people will post a Gucci bag here and I'll be so surprised it's a Gucci!