How you shorten the chain/straps thread!

Grab one of these... They are small round carabearner type clips. Pull the straps under the flap and hook the clip around them. Easier than trying a ribbon as you can easily remove it to convert for crossbody. Easily found on Amazon etc.

P.s. these work great for jumbo bags too!!! On the jumbos you can clip them so that there is a short handle and a long strap at the same time!

61JoY3sYakL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Reactions: gettinpurseonal
Does anyone have a picture of the strap shortening clasp that is given out in the boutiques? I recently bought a new WOC and my SA mentioned they normally have strap shortening clasps that they give out. Seems like they’re out of stock at the moment but I’m curious what it looks like and does it actually work?

Thanks! So basically I don’t need to keep going to the store to ask for one? I thought it was some special Chanel buckle :P

side note - the person who I talked to at the store (not my SA) gave me such attitude that I’m reluctant to go back and try again :sad:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red
Chanel used to give them out with Jumbo's mostly in Asian countries. Never could find in US. A lot of places like the Amazon one above make dupes. If you are going to go with a dupe, just be careful that it seems sturdy. Probably why the one above has a screw mechanism. Back in the day, a member here started selling dupes because it made sense - lots of people looking Jumbos were Single Flap then so it was so easy to use them to shorten the extra long strap. Anyway I guess they weren't made too well and the clasp opened and the sharp end ended up ripping the inside of her lambskin flap. As you can imagine, that was the end of that lady selling them. So ever since then when I see this topic I throw in my 2 cents just to let people know to be careful.

Chanel used to give them out with Jumbo's mostly in Asian countries. Never could find in US. A lot of places like the Amazon one above make dupes. If you are going to go with a dupe, just be careful that it seems sturdy. Probably why the one above has a screw mechanism. Back in the day, a member here started selling dupes because it made sense - lots of people looking Jumbos were Single Flap then so it was so easy to use them to shorten the extra long strap. Anyway I guess they weren't made too well and the clasp opened and the sharp end ended up ripping the inside of her lambskin flap. As you can imagine, that was the end of that lady selling them. So ever since then when I see this topic I throw in my 2 cents just to let people know to be careful.
Thanks for this insight! I never even considered the risk of the metal scratching/damaging the leather. I’m thinking I may go the route just using a ribbon etc. With the price of Chanel these days I’d be so sad if I ruined my bag!