how would you like your black box kelly, madam?

Vintage ;)

I don't think there's such a thing as vintage black Box Kelly with PHW (or is there?) so it would have to be a 32 retourne with GHW, I suppose.

What a funny old thread....

Anyone changed their mind significantly since they posted 12 months ago?

For me a 25cm sellier with RH (actually still debating the 28 but one or tuther) :yes:

28, palladium H/W, sellier.
I don't own this combo though and am actually waiting for a 28 in retourne (b/c I have a vintage sellier one with brass H/W and tamarind convinced me that I need retourne and I think she is right)
Oh Pepper, I was just thinking of you today when I used my black box Kelly again... I have been using her non-stop for the past couple of weeks or so, to give my chocolate Kelly a little break. I am so glad you are going to get one! I feel the same way you know.:smile:

Going out for her first wearing Saturday evening - my 25cm black box sellier with PH. :yahoo: Would like her to have a 28 or 32cm 'sister' someday, also black box/sellier/PH; and perhaps would incorporate some of the great ideas on this thread about interiors and stitching, as I'd like the 28 or 32 as a less dressy bag.

You know what?

Initially I wanted a 28cm sellier with GHW brand spanking new from the store but now (thanks to Tamarind) I really love the 28cm retourne combination so I might go for that, with GHW and vintage because if I buy it new then I'll be scared to use it. Problem solved, now I know what I want! :biggrin:

Black box is most chic in sellier - I need a big size like 35cm and I only do white metal so PHW is it. If you want a relaxed but boxy sheen go for Barenia in retourne. Expensive hobby.