How would you handle this....(long post)

amamxr

Aug 21, 2006
I bid on an auction and won to the tune of $850.00 back in late September, I immediately paid for the auction and emailed the seller if there was any possible way she could have the item to me prior to me leaving for a month on vacation early October she replied of course. Needless to say I never did get the item and figured it would be delivered while I was on vacation and the UPS man was instructed to leave all packages with my neighbor. While I was away later in October I get a email from the seller asking me if I received the package to which I replied that I was on vacation and had hoped to receive it prior like we had discussed and that my neighbor was holding all my packages when I return home I would let her know.

I get home-now this the last week in November.. no package- log on to Ebay and she is No longer a Registered user. So I request her contact number and proceed to call Belgium get her on the phone and she does not know why she is NLRU and will call Ebay get it figured out and my package is safe with her. It was never mailed:wtf: she was going to call me back the next day and let me know the tracking number etc, etc. I waited two days she never called me back. I proceeded to call her again leaving a message she never returned my call or tried to contact me via email. I decided that this was a deal gone bad and call American Express get the charge removed off my bill and filed a never received item with Ebay. I have not heard a thing other than from American Express that they removed the charge.

Today, I get a email from Ebay stating that she replied after all this time that she mailed the package out today and provided me with the tracking number. I replied that I was no longer going to complete this transaction with her I did not receive the item prior to leaving for vacation like we discussed, she never called me back like she had stated or replied to my message via telephone or email. This item was supposed to have been received by me months ago and that I am refusing the package and it will be returned to her. The seller is threating me with a negative and says that I will have to pay for the International Federal Express etc.

Am I wrong for refusing the package?. Why would she send me an email stating did you get the package when she knew darn well she never mailed it. The seller kept my money from September 20 until November 26 and never sent me the merchandise..I am not sure how to proceed with this one. :sos:

Another thing.. when I look up her name it still says NLARU.. How is she replying to me other than signing up with a new user name? Is this correct?

Wow. IF the package arrives, just refuse it like you said. She can't leave you any feedback if she's NARU. She must be nuts. You don't have to pay for any shipping charges. Simply refuse it and it will go right back to her.

I'm thinking that the only way she's contacting you now is thru your email address. She must have gotten it when you corresponded with her earlier.

The actual message is coming through the Ebay system when I log into Ebay it says you have a message. When I click on the message it goes to the dispute console where she replies and I reply.. This is strange indeed.

the emails come through ebay? i would contact them and tell them everything that happened. if she is using a new id after being narued that will be narued as well.

wowee that is some story. honestly if i was a different person i would say keep the thing and #$% her for keeping your money for 2 months, lying and in general being a schemy dirtbag. but i am not that person and you are certainly nicer than me.

so just refuse it. she will be out the money it cost to ship it so that's a lesson learned by her. i doubt she did actually send it to you though.

wait a minute- even though your cc refunded your money they didn't take it back from her right? so she WAS paid for it. so keep it.

and

Hells no, you're not wrong for refusing the package! She sounds ridiculous! I wouldn't deal with her anymore. I'd also put her name up here so others will be warned.

the emails come through ebay? i would contact them and tell them everything that happened. if she is using a new id after being narued that will be narued as well.

wowee that is some story. honestly if i was a different person i would say keep the thing and #$% her for keeping your money for 2 months, lying and in general being a schemy dirtbag. but i am not that person and you are certainly nicer than me.

so just refuse it. she will be out the money it cost to ship it so that's a lesson learned by her. i doubt she did actually send it to you though.

wait a minute- even though your cc refunded your money they didn't take it back from her right? so she WAS paid for it. so keep it.

she CAN'T neg you, she's naru. what an idiot

she CAN'T neg you, she's naru. what an idiot

But if she's a NARU then she can't open a dispute with you..how can she? Did you by any chance open a dispute on ebay/paypal?

But if she's a NARU then she can't open a dispute with you..how can she? Did you by any chance open a dispute on ebay/paypal?

Yes, I opened an item not received dispute with Ebay when I returned from vacation and found out she never mailed me the package. I stated that in my original post.

the stories from Ebay never cease to amaze me. I would just refuse the package, as Heather said, if she is NARU'd how in the heck is she gonna leave you feedback??

Yes, I agree somewhat, however how the heck is she corresponding with me via the Ebay message system when she is NARU'D..

I just logged on to my Ebay acct just to be sure and she is in fact responding and her name is no longer a registered user.

since she is just *responding* to a dispute she can probably still email. she just can't sell or buy. but even if she did leave you a neg- and she might be able to- ebay would remove it since she's naru.

seriously, keep the bag. she got the money right? why let her have the money AND the bag?

you should have opened a pp dispute. even with going on vacation for a month you would have been within the 45 days right? but then again you got your money back so it doesn't matter.

since she is just *responding* to a dispute she can probably still email. she just can't sell or buy. but even if she did leave you a neg- and she might be able to- ebay would remove it since she's naru.

seriously, keep the bag. she got the money right? why let her have the money AND the bag?

Well- that I don't know.. American Express credited me back the 840.00 on my statement. Paypal shows it as a chargeback. What does this mean?
I have never had a problem so this is all new to me..