How/where do you report website/shops/sellers of fakes/counterfeits?

In Toronto there is a place called Pacific Mall at Kennedy and Steeles, all the boutiques carry fake purses/clothes/shoes/charms etc etc.. Except one store Up to U that is a consignment store. Funny thing is a lot of people know about it and yet they still keep on selling. The Celine knockoff is laughable.

ICE usually deals with this. Here is their website: http://www.cybercrime.gov/reporting.htm

You can contact a local field office or report a crime through the link. Here is another link that gets into detail about why it's illegal to sell counterfeit goods:
http://www.naw.org/govrelations/advisory.php?articleid=563

If it's one thing that REALLY irks my nerves, it's people who buy fake items and carry/wear them around like they're all that! I could go into a lecture about this, but I won't. It's nice to see proactive people who see counterfeit selling as NOT OK and are willing to do something about it. :ban:
Hi Angie,

I totally think like you. I totally agree, people should not carry if they cannot afford...who are they fooling just themselves. Personally, they want to look the part but ah No. As for Internet crimes, I was told of this link and gave all the info about the seller on eBay who was collecting money and not sending goods in return. (around end of January 2013) haven't heard anything yet.

goneglamorous.com allegedly sells 'inspired' designer bags, but they are clearly counterfeit. Someone must have reported this because the website seems to be suspended. I first heard of this from a youtube review of a celine bag. Someone needed to let her know that 'inspired' and 'replica' are two distinct notions! Don't call it 'inspired' if it carries the name brand and original design of the designer/ design house!

^^ I've sent emails to LVHM and all I get back is the generic "we feel strongly about this and will look into it" email, but it seems like nothing ever happens to these people. :cursing:
Unfortunately, they are not spending the time to pursue leads and to have those who sell counterfit purses prosecuted.
I have a friend who had quite a LV bag collection. She stopped carrying LV bags when everyone around her carried fake versions.

If the manufacturers don't see it fit to make sure that their products aren't copied and sold, why would you want to spend big bucks on such a product.

You may want to look into buying vintage purses instead of contemporary ones.

goneglamorous.com allegedly sells 'inspired' designer bags, but they are clearly counterfeit. Someone must have reported this because the website seems to be suspended. I first heard of this from a youtube review of a celine bag. Someone needed to let her know that 'inspired' and 'replica' are two distinct notions! Don't call it 'inspired' if it carries the name brand and original design of the designer/ design house!

So true that 'inspired', 'replica' and 'counterfeited' are different things! :yes: What's invaluable is that this form provides great info to help understand the difference, including how to report sellers of new counterfeit to authorities using the links provided above. What's more complicated though is the vintage handbag market, when designer 'replicas' are sometimes sold as rare vintage. Let's hope the situation will eventually improve.

Flea markets in Georgia where busted by the Feds for selling counterfeit purses and shoes..
You wouldn't believe the dollar amount and awful quality of the ripoff items. These people were jailed and/or fined and the items destroyed. .

I'm so sorry, this website sell fakes.

Hope things works out, talk to the bank and reverse the payment etc.
That is very nice of you, but she truly believes it is real. She paid under $200 for it, and it does look nice. I thought it was fake but just wanted verification. I think I may keep it to myself and let her believe what she wants. I would never win an argument with her anyway! :Pullhair::lecture::censor:

Help! I see a seller on eBay named peaceko2 who is selling totally obvious fake coach (& some outdoor furniture, but that's beside the point). I've reported fake coach in the past to eBay. I seem to notice that sellers who advertise with "authentic" are easier to get eBay to notice and pull down than someone who just sells coach (fake).

I see how members post the links to others eBay auctions but I've never done it and not sure how. I have a steady watch list on eBay with coach purple, coach violet, coach lilac, coach Sabrina, coach purple poppy, etc. That are my saved searches. Can someone give me a quick lesson on posting links on here please? Thanks guys...

Could someone type in the eBay search box coach handbags 2774 and peaceko's listing will come up that will lead you to the rest of her fake coach auctions? She is a new member from 2013 and has 2 as feedback. I want other members on here to see it and know what to do about it. Thanks:smile: