how to tell if my ghd is fake or real?

Any tips on how to tell the UK ones? My mum has just got my some as a present, and got them off ebay *rolls eyes* I want to get them authenticated as it's an electrical item and I don't want to use it if it's dangerous.

I don't know for sure...I currently have pics of mine in the authenticate this beauty section. Mine does not have a hologram on the tag, ONLY on the inside of the body of the straightener. I keep coming across SO much contradicting information online, I hate that fakes exist and that we have to worry about them. Anyway alot of people were saying that real GHDs have 2 holgrams with verification numbers, on the straightener and on the tag...contradicting information on whether or not they are supposed to be the same number of different. However on youtube someone claimed to get one from sephora and said they are NOT supposed to have a hologram on the tag only on the straightener, and their tag was just a caution tag exactly like mine (which i am not 100% sure is real) which said caution this product can burn eyes on one side and warning burn hazard keep away from children on the other. To me it doesn't make sense that the straightener would have TWO holograms and verification numbers...

My hologram is like of a sunburst looking sort of thing with ghd written in the middle and some other designs and stuff on it. Pics online I only see either a hologram of a girl or of a straightener...I have never seen the one I have..

I'm also noticing that alot of the confusion might be because there are some slight detail differences between the US and UK versions....

Ok ladies...I need some help! I am still nervous about things since the whole "bought a used flat iron from Sephora". I just want to make sure did not do a switch a roo! I bought the Urban Angel set that has the GHD IV styler, and my new set looks to be new. However, I was thrown for a loop when I read in the book that there should be a hollogram on both the iron and the warning tag on the power cord. Mine has the hollogram on the iron, but not on the tag thats on the power cord. Can someone also please tell me what the picture on the hollogram should be? I know that Sephora is an auth seller of GHD, but seeing as how careless Sephora was with the first iron I bought I don't think they would have known if someone put the real thing back in the box or not.

Last edited:
I have been consiidering a GHD myself. Has anyone bought one for HSN, they have one that you can do different payment options, full payment or split it up into 2,3 or 4 payments.

I bought a GHD from www.ghdhairera.com and it turns out it is a fake. I wish i had done more research into the website before buying. It only cost AUD$115 for the iv salon stylerr so i should have been more suspicious. The website claims you get a 30 day back money guarantee but the email they provided for contacting them does not even exist. I feel so ripped off and don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions??

Ps the reason i can tell it is a fake:
-Spelling mistakes
-Date code etc is not recognised on ghd website
-Faulty packaging
-Came from china and took 11 days to come
-Feels cheap

DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!!

I bought a GHD from www.ghdhairera.com and it turns out it is a fake. I wish i had done more research into the website before buying. It only cost AUD$115 for the iv salon stylerr so i should have been more suspicious. The website claims you get a 30 day back money guarantee but the email they provided for contacting them does not even exist. I feel so ripped off and don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions??

Ps the reason i can tell it is a fake:
-Spelling mistakes
-Date code etc is not recognised on ghd website
-Faulty packaging
-Came from china and took 11 days to come
-Feels cheap

DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!!

If you paid with your credit card you may be able to file a claim with them to withhold payment. Other than that there's not much you can do. Don't try to use the hair straightener though!!

i know this post is OLD but i really need help. I just bought a GHD from www.ghdhair.com and i need to know if they sell real ghd n not fake ones??? i know its too late because i already bought!! :sad: i mean...some people say that that if u buy it from them that i shouldn't be worried and some other people say that ghdhair.com sell fake flat irons so i dont know what to believe ugh!.

i know this post is OLD but i really need help. I just bought a GHD from www.ghdhair.com and i need to know if they sell real ghd n not fake ones??? i know its too late because i already bought!! :sad: i mean...some people say that that if u buy it from them that i shouldn't be worried and some other people say that ghdhair.com sell fake flat irons so i dont know what to believe ugh!.

ghdhair.com is the official GHD website.

Hello, I'm too searching for a ghd straightener. What i do is check out the website. type on the internet: whois (+website you found) this sites shows you where their server is located and what websites are linked. for example: MK4ghd.org Somewhere in the privacy and policy comes a name Folica. So i searched for whois folica and the site i opened showed other websites linked to Folica one of them is sephora. The 2th thing i do is send them an e-mail asking them if the ghd is autenthic so i can regristrate yhe ghd on the off.website. If ther is no reply do not buy!.

Has anyone had trouble registering their ghd? I bought a flat iron from hqhair-which is supposed to be a valid site, but when I go on the GHD homepage to register it I get a message saying the codes could not be recognized.:shucks: