How to sell my Tivoli PM??

LOL about the woman with the sweaty hands!

It's normal practice to leave the bag so any customers who come in and want to see it, touch every inch of it and model it can decide. I'm guilty of doing this! Since the bag is expensive though, that's why she's not going to give you money up front.

She was willing to give me around $250-$280 for my gucci wallet...either that or leave it and she gets a 15-20% cut if it sells. She still asks for money even if it doesn't sell after a period of time too! After hearing all this stupid stuff, I decided it wasn't worth my time to negotiate with her or use her services.

Hi all!

I haven't seen the Tivoli PM in the store yet; but I just noticed one on Ebay this morning and it caught my eye. I want to bid but since I haven't seen it in real life, I'm not completely clear on the size. Someone in the forum mentioned that it is about the size of the Speedy 25, but in the auction they're listing it as " Approximately 14" by 8" and 6" deep." Is there description accurate? Isn't that significantly larger than the speedy 25??

I checked eluxury for dimensions but the tivoli pm is no longer listed. Any help would be appreciated! :smile:

On a related not, I'm a new mommy and my hubby bought me the batignolles vertical. It's a cute bag, spacious but the straps look a little sloppy to me when I put it over my shoulder... If I get this Tivoli pm I'll probably sell the batignolles... what do you all think???

Nancy

Hi all!

I haven't seen the Tivoli PM in the store yet; but I just noticed one on Ebay this morning and it caught my eye. I want to bid but since I haven't seen it in real life, I'm not completely clear on the size. Someone in the forum mentioned that it is about the size of the Speedy 25, but in the auction they're listing it as " Approximately 14" by 8" and 6" deep." Is there description accurate? Isn't that significantly larger than the speedy 25??

I checked eluxury for dimensions but the tivoli pm is no longer listed. Any help would be appreciated! :smile:
Nancy

I'd say it is comparable to the speedy 25. That's a 25 in the pics. Average is 14"x8" but if you measure only the base it's more around 12"-13" x 7"-8". The top is where it's 14" and it's fat in the middle where the pleats are which makes it 8". Enlarge the pics to have a better look!

Attachments

• Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 001.jpg
    Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 001.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 002.jpg
    Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 002.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 003.jpg
    Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 003.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 004.jpg
    Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 004.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 005.jpg
    Resize of Tivoli vs Speedy 25 005.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 72
There are a couple of other consignment shops in Yorkville, which is a good demographic to tackle. One's called Second Time Around, on Yorkville Ave., and the other one is L'Elegante on Cumberland. There's also Shoppe D'Or on Cumberland, and Paperbag Princess on Davenport.

L'Elegante and Paperbag Princess take pretty large cuts. They sell at about 66% of retail, and you get 50% of that. In the end, that works out to about 33%. Second Time Around lets you set the price, and they work in a margin there. I haven't tried Shoppe D'Or personally, so I don't know how they work.

Here's the irony: Paperbag Princess is now selling on Ebay.ca too! LOL

Hope that helps!!!