How to patine box leather?

Once an SM at H told me it was all about how hard the cow/other animal has worked! :smile:

Hahaha. That I don't believe.
We don't want weathered box leather, right?
On another note , since H is farming gator those skins should be ready/ mature right about now....and why does it have to be so $$$?
Farmed gator...in Louisiana, right?
Now if only they would farm CROC.

Hahaha. That I don't believe.
We don't want weathered box leather, right?
On another note , since H is farming gator those skins should be ready/ mature right about now....and why does it have to be so $$$?
Farmed gator...in Louisiana, right?
Now if only they would farm CROC.

Box calf doesn't apply anyhow because the baby calves would not have worked at all. The reason box leather is in short supply is because the demand of veal has dropped a lot over the years.

We are seeing a lot of gator lately and another member said she was told croc is being put on hold for now since they are too endangered. Who knows with H!

Box calf doesn't apply anyhow because the baby calves would not have worked at all. The reason box leather is in short supply is because the demand of veal has dropped a lot over the years.

We are seeing a lot of gator lately and another member said she was told croc is being put on hold for now since they are too endangered. Who knows with H!

Good to know!!
Thanks for the info. I actually didn't know that box came from young skins. I knew that Clemence is baby bull.
This makes me feel thankful to have my box Kelly bags and regret not grabbing that croc bag last year. I would always prefer croc vs gator.
Sigh.

The only disadvantage of Box IMO, is that, as others have said, you have to USE it to build up the patina: the result is that I almost ONLY use my Box bags and hardly ever all my other ones:lol:

We are in the same boat, duna. As a result I've made it a point to check if the items I want are available in box before enquiring on other leathers. Since I know I will get mileage out of box and it's going to last a long time.