How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

Thanks so much Miss Orange, I admit I have become hyper focused on my perceived flaws. I'm only 40 so I am leaning towards fat grafting instead of a lift. I know you have posted the name of your fat grafting doctor here before. Dr Seo?
Hi @6098Sophia yes Dr Hyoseok Seo at Machimpyo or Dr Lee at Honnete clinic are good at facial fat graft. I would add Dr Lee gives prednisolone after his facial fat graft and for Dr Seo you would need to source yourself.

Today's post answers the ultimate question on longevity of a smas facelift over a deep plane facelift! Here 2 ladies post of knowing elderly ladies who had smas facelifts 35 and 40 years ago and still holding!!!

I have also learned that Marando in Manchester described necks as the most problematic area and how neck lifts nearly always fail over time! And how it won't fix crepey skin but only vertical platysma bands. His opinion is not to touch the submandibular glands as he doesn't think it is the right thing to do in any circumstance (I agree with not cutting or trimming this salivary gland needed to keep your mouth from getting dry!). He like Bhatty anchors the neck lift to the mastoid bone. He also shared that improvement in neck quality is only temporary. A Bray patient confirms the temporary improvement in her neck quality as she has been offered revision neck lifts by other surgeons now.

So this revelation regarding neck lifts and my surgeon's reticence in doing neck lifts in some ladies has made me think twice about getting a neck lift any time soon. Maybe for me I should either gain weight or try fat graft in the future for my neck.

The horizontal neck lines I have learned are nicknamed tech neck lines or necklace lines. By bending over to look at our smartphones (or for me studying and looking down) we are creating tech neck wrinkle lines! And should practice lifting our head up. If forehead wrinkles develop due to loss of fat volume and disappear with fat graft (I have stopped using botox since getting fat graft) then surely fat graft to the neck should resolve necklace lines?

I hope Dr Seo is still operating when I am in my 60s so I can get neck fat graft or would a neck lift last longer if I took prednisolone postop to prevent swelling and skin stretch? As I can only pinch one cm of loose skin on each side, I have time before I can pinch an inch on each side and need surgical intervention.

PS an update on those of you who have messaged me for ladies photos post DP sagging at 6 weeks to 7 months onwards and many ladies ending up with deeper nasolabial folds post DP as the zygomatic retaining ligament has been cut. They concur with me that DP may well be the ultimate con!

20240316_053948.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dannythedragon
When people say their facial skin is now very sensitive and turns red with water or with any product on the face, the first thing I ask is what have you had done to your face? The answers range from red light therapy which is low level laser to aggressive CO2 laser to microneedling to ultherapy to profhilo injections to daily acid peels to stromal vascular fraction injections. Can I please interject and say do NOTHING to your skin other than drink plenty of water, use spf, avoid the sun, change your makeup products every year, wash your makeup sponges and brushes and moisturise daily. That’s it! Why are you damaging your skin with these commercial procedures? They never existed decades ago. You can simply rub a cut potato into your sun spots which works as a natural acid.

I have seen horrific cases of permanent red facial skin, painful red faces, indurated thick skin, skin with lots of holes in it, horrific acne scarring, etc. Please don’t dive into the rabbit hole of skin procedures…skin just needs hydration and protection from the sun’s UV rays. That’s it!

Today's post is a warning to never rely on smiling after photos.

Here is a collage of me smiling in April 2021 BEFORE my facelift to demonstrate how smiling lifts your face, skin, smas, everything. Then the pic on the right in May 2021 is not smiling where it clearly shows I need a facelift and got one July 5 2021.

The biggest con is to use a smiling photo as a postop result of a facelift. Never choose a facelift surgeon based on smiling after photos as you have no idea what the face truly looks like when not smiling.

20240317_094020.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dannythedragon
OMG! I love how honest ASPS is when it comes to neck lifts. Here they categorise the 4 different types of necks requiring neck lifts as short chin neck wrinkle, bulldog, turkey neck and horizontal lines. I would fit in the horizontal lines category. But interestingly looking at the after photos, it confirms that the longterm neck lift results are not perfect and it surely is the most challenging or maybe they did not get postop steroids? lol.

2A691FB3-BF63-4BC9-AA9E-1ED2E7FCDBD1.jpeg

Last edited:
I am super happy! A tpfer has reached out to Dr Lee at Honnete clinic and been offered 2 full face fat grafts for 2.2 million total. This is a wonderful and fair price especially for 2024. And he has confirmed he gives temporary steroids post. Perfect! Locals are charged approx 1 million won for full face fat graft and 0.5m won for a top up. Foreigners are usually charged 5 million won for 2 facial fat grafts by big hospitals targetting foreigners. And because he is the only surgeon in his clinic, there is zero chance of a ghost doctor or a junior surgeon.

Based on the results of a 40 yo Vietnamese British lady I met in Korea 2 months ago who was 3 days post full face fat transfer top up with Dr Lee and seeing all her photos of her before, after first and just before her top up, I would 100% recommend Dr Lee who speaks fluent English at Honnete (sounds like honest) in Korea for full face fat graft for ladies in their 40s or 50s who do not need a facelift yet but need volume first and you don’t have to source your own prednisone. If only I had known about pred before any of my 5 full face fat grafts I could have just had 2 and perhaps never needed a facelift as the skin would never have stretched by 8 cms from repeated swelling.

I don’t understand why when someone takes a photo of me my face looks like a pillow face but when I look in a mirror or when people see me in person they say I do not look anything like the pillow face photo, that it is not me in the photo and that my face is a lot slimmer. This is the curse of 5 full fat grafts. lol. I shall just stick to selfies with people where I am sitting on their left which makes my face look fine as my right zygoma bone is bigger than my left. I dare not try facial liposuction, accusculpt or kybella even though a part of me says I would look amazing with subtle facial lipo.

For those asking what is pillow face? Here is a visual. It stems from too much fillers or fat graft in the face so after 2 full face fat grafts, get a facelift and not more fat graft!!!

D2F2719F-BC35-45BB-87DC-3CC0DD371A5B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: weewee and Gats
This is the type of b&a you want to see...non smiling, surgical markers like moles or sun spots, no makeup, no filters and similar positions. Incredible how a smas facelift with steroids has rejuvenated my face and is still holding at 2Y2M. You can clearly see my sun spots have permanently moved up my face and how my cheeks are fuller with smas plication folding over the smas muscle. My neck is another story. lol. I am holding off on a neck lift.

20240317_120955.jpg

I thought a smas facelift would last 5 years but now am optimistic it will last 10 years!

Last edited:
For those even considering deep plane, watch a deep plane operation on youtube! You will see how much the facial skin is separated from the entire mid to lower face, how all the skin adhesions are broken and ligaments cut to pull the deep plane. And with brow lift too you can see how all the skin attachments are broken to free up the forehead skin. And then when you see the 6 week results, all you notice are the upper bleph and lip lift as making the most difference. No wonder the skin eventually sags with deep plane as all its skin attachments in the face and forehead for brow lift have been cut. Now you are relying on scar tissue to reattach everything including the retaining ligaments but with swelling interfering with skin reattachment, the result may be laxity once deswelled and scar tissue may not be strong enough to reattach ligaments properly.

This video comes with a caution for viewers and viewer age must be above 18!

91CF6943-313B-4EEF-B2F0-80F1EF361751.jpegCC58B7D4-3C12-4D3E-92BD-E57E4F845482.jpegFCD2BD89-EA3F-4EE3-973B-524DE39813E2.jpeg2D7997A1-4212-496E-A3E2-39DE0BC8BE58.jpegC02FA0CF-6ABB-4F49-8E9E-81685C490C5B.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experiences with Dr Lee from Honnete for Breast Lifts, Breast Reductions or Nipple Reductions? I've had a hard time finding reviews. I'm hoping to get quite a few surgeries with him!

For those wanting smas facelifts use the allaboutmei promotion for 9m won ($8,500 or £6k) with ASPS and head surgeon Dr Lee. It is 2m more to add a necklift. No need to haggle, write a review or use your photos in SoMe. And remember no facelift without steroids! And I approve of ASPS for smas facelifts, their bread and butter.

20240318_063651.jpg

Does anyone have any experiences with Dr Lee from Honnete for Breast Lifts, Breast Reductions or Nipple Reductions? I've had a hard time finding reviews. I'm hoping to get quite a few surgeries with him!
I'm actually looking at getting a breast lift/fat transfer with him but I'm having the same problem! Definitely going to get face fat grafting with Dr Lee but I'm not sure about breast fat transfer...

Reactions: pasteli
Here is a 50 yo patient of Dr Amir Karam. You can see her nasolabials and marionettes have returned after DP facelift. If you look at the anatomy page below, you can see why cutting both the zygomatic and masseteric ligaments may lead to return of nasolabial lines and cutting the mandibular ligament in the lower face may lead to return of marionette lines. Scar tissue is weak and not as strong as the retaining ligaments themselves so once cut, your face is relying on weak, elastic scar tissue to hold up your face.

Compare Amir's DP to my smas facelift with Nick. I put together a tiktok to compare my 57 yo face to Vivien Leigh aged 26-27 in the photos.

20240318_120841.jpg

20240318_121327.jpg

Last edited:
I stand by my verdict that smas facelifts+steroids can make you as beautiful as 26 year old Vivien Leigh or a young Grace Kelly! Do NOT cut your facial retaining ligaments with DP! These ligaments are stronger than scar tissue and hold up your face! If you want to emulate my 2 year+ results, please ensure you are at your optimal weight, as fat in the face eventually weighs down the cheeks with gravity and nasolabials may appear.

20240318_073650.jpg

Collage_2024-03-18_06_09_11.jpg

20240318_065417.jpg

Collage_2024-03-18_08_05_27.jpg