How Pantene Almost Made Me Bald!

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I don't use Pantene, but then I realized that I have a jar of Pantene in my shower (it's called "Beautiful Lengths Replenishing Mask") and I actually use it as a deep condition the day I have a hair appointment for foil highlights. My stylist usually comments on how healthy and soft my hair feels and I've never had any issues like the ones that OP has described.
I really think that this may be more about the stylist making a mistake and then trying to cover it up. If it was me, I certainly wouldn't be going back to that salon any more. OP, have you thought about switching salons/stylists?

I do love my salon though :sad: I'll go back because 1. I have an appointment and 2. if I dont go back I lose money!
But maybe its the certain product I was using? Idk hopefully she'll do good this time

^Clearly, that's your choice, but personally, my hair is worth more than money. I'd be willing to lose the money for a hair appointment rather than risk the same stylist ruining my hair again. Perhaps you could speak to the salon manager about it and explain that although you love their salon, you have concerns about your last appointment. Maybe the manager could oversee your next appointment to ensure that everything is being done correctly?

Hi - thought I'd chime in as well after seeing this title. First of all, I am so sorry you had a bad experience with your hair. No matter WHAT happened it's a very traumatic thing!

Any6way, I've used Pantene for almost 15 years! Always the conditioners, and sometimes the shampoo too. I also get my hair highlighted very blonde with some caramel lowlights - every 10 weeks or so.

My stylist always comments on how healthy my hair is. I've never had a problem with my color or breakage.

I hope you get your problem fixed easily with no more recurrences! :smile:

Miss.Cherie said:
Hi everyone,
So two days ago I went to my hairdresser to get a cut and colour. I wanted to get ombre. So I had my consultation then my colourist got started with the foils. After having done only 4 foils she gasped and said touch the foil, which was piping hot. We rushed over to the washing station and when she opened the foil steam came out!! A fellow stylist came over and said "Do you use pantene" and I did use it! She then proceeded to tell me of how one of her clients had her hair bleached and after taking out the foils the hair was coming out in her hands. She also said of how she knew other colourists who this had happen to them also. She mentioned something to do with high silicone content and build up because the shampoo hardly cleans the hair properly, and this somehow causes a reaction. ( if you are curious I was using the Pantene Pro-V Ice for Fine Hair for a few months :sad: )
I was so lucky my colourist noticed when she did, or the same could have happened to me! :nogood:
I thought I would post this to warn others! My stylist and colourist told me to use head and shoulders for 1 month, and my phillip kingsley conditioner and elasticiser (so my hair isn't completely dried out) Then to come back and they would do a test to see if it is okay to carry out the ombre.
However this might not be the case for everyone? If any of you used pantene and successfully dyed your hair/bleached hair please let me know!
Thanks for reading and ihth!

How scary!

I don't use because I don't like how it smells but my mom and little sister had bad reactions to it. It burned their scalps. They have sensitive skin and they now use Redken.

I used to use Pantene until I ended up with chemical burns - after a while of using it I noticed that my scalp was red raw, itchy and sore. My stylist told me it was chemical burns. I dont even have sensitive skin!! So, yeah - I don't use Pantene anymore!!

I tried Pantene years ago and I found it to make my hair greasy feeling. I just didn't like it. When I got my hair done a couple weeks ago, I was talking to my stylist about produce and she said the one product she hates is Pantene. Go figure...