How Old Were You when You First Started Dating ?

My parents said I wasn't allowed to date until the day that I got into university. So that meant.... if I didn't make it in, or went to college instead...NO GUYS until I could get into UBC

Well :biggrin: I studied hard, got into university at age 16, and proceeded to make my prom date my first date ;)

I was 15... and our dating was sooo not dating. He was on my swim team and I would talk to him at practice or something. We dated for about 2.5 years though and then went on some dates- but it was kinda still lame. Ha.

I had a boyfriend and we were "going steady" when I was 14 and he was 16. I could go to his house and vice-versa as long as a parent was at each place. We could also go other places, but always with a group -- never the two of us.

On my 16th birthday, he came over with flowers, candy, and even flowers for my mom! We went in his car (he was 18 by then) and went to dinner and to a basketball game. We broke up later when he went to college in Oregon and my dad got transferred to Maine.

(I found out many years later that my dad had called my boyfriend and made him drive my dad around the base so he could check out his driving skills before taking ME in the car! He even made the boyfriend prove he could change a tire! My sweet dad... :love: )

Megs said:
I was 15... and our dating was sooo not dating. He was on my swim team and I would talk to him at practice or something. We dated for about 2.5 years though and then went on some dates- but it was kinda still lame. Ha.
You are describing my daughter and her boyfriend! She is 14 and he is 15. They rarely do anything together; they might talk while at driver's ed or something but don't hang out together; and when they DO have a date, they go to the movies. They've been "going out" about a year now!

My hubby said it's perfect -- she's happy because she has a boyfriend and the boyfriend never calls or comes over so my hubby doesn't have to hate him. :lol: