How old is too old for Chuck Taylors?

lol, I thought you were asking how old until you need to replace a pair, I still have a pair for the 80’s so I was going to say never. And my answer for your question is the same. Never too old for chucks :biggrin:

I never actually liked Chucks when I was young. Now that I'm in my early 40's I'm loving them! I just got my first pair for free with my Nordies Notes, in black. I was wearing them yesterday with my jeans and a t-shirt and I couldn't help feeling self-conscious, not because I'm "old" but because they looked so NEW! Any advice on how to "distress" them?

I saw an older lady today at work (around 70) wearing black Chucks with loose jean capris and a light pink fitted tee. I immediately thought of this thread!!

Oh, and she was rockin' em too. :smile:

I think that as long as you have the right attitude you can wear anything you want. Chicks will look great on anyone when they are dressed casually. Now of course a yonger person can have a "messier" "grungier" "trendier" outfit and pull off the Chucks no problem. But someone a little older would have to have a neater cleaner casual outfit but in the end I think it works for everyone. It just depends on your personal style and how you dress them. Just my thoughts.

I saw an older lady today at work (around 70) wearing black Chucks with loose jean capris and a light pink fitted tee. I immediately thought of this thread!!

If I saw that I would immediately love her! We're not talking about an older person wearing a tube top and mini skirt. These are classic cool Chucks and worn the right way, it's not only acceptable, it's extremely right :yes:

lol... we wear them to work. a male coworker wears the button down, nice jeans and chucks almost everyday and he can work it.

i love mine. just placed an order for my first white pair yesterday ;)

I have no doubt! I'm gonna be her one day!
Oh, and I think that horse in your avatar is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nuts:
Yours?

I still wear them when I have to do more physical kind of stuff. I'm 27 and I don't plan to stop wearing them anytime soon! I think it does matter what you wear them with, though.