How old is too old for Chuck Taylors?

I must confess. Last week I was ordering some socks from Zappos (lord, save me from Zappos!!) and I tossed a pair of grey chucks in there "just to try on and see. . ." Yeah, well, I kept them. And I WORE THEM AROUND. And I'M 47!

It's official. From the answers in this thread I either:
a. have no sense of style
b. don't know how old I am
c. look fine in them; anyone can wear chucks
or
d. need to move to Paris

Hahahaha!!!
m

Reactions: TNgypsy
I must confess. Last week I was ordering some socks from Zappos (lord, save me from Zappos!!) and I tossed a pair of grey chucks in there "just to try on and see. . ." Yeah, well, I kept them. And I WORE THEM AROUND. And I'M 47!

It's official. From the answers in this thread I either:
a. have no sense of style
b. don't know how old I am
c. look fine in them; anyone can wear chucks
or
d. need to move to Paris

Hahahaha!!!
m

The correct answer is d. need to move to Paris :P

I am surprised at everyone´s answers, in Paris women in their 40´s wear them with jeans. French :heart: Chuck Taylors in general.

Lol I was surprised by these answers too but then again I lived in Paris for so long maybe that's why I like them.

I think it depends on your overall style. Here in San Francisco, it's not uncommon at all to see them on women of all ages...but they are usually hip, fun, casual, slightly edgier dressers. I think they look out-of-place on women who dress uber-conservatively (think Lands' End, Talbots, etc). It also helps if you have a youthful attitude and outlook as well. :flowers:

Chucks are classic and super-cute and I would totally get a pair, but I have double-wide boats for feet and Chucks are cut too narrow for me!

Well, I got my first pair of Chucks (white) after I was already over 21 and have (if I may say so myself ;) ) a great sense of style...
To be honest, I don't see why an over 30-something cannot potter around in a pair of white or navy Chucks, tailored jeans or casual tailored trousers (not shorts though) and a crisp shirt/brilliant tshirt... :shrugs: IMO, it's a youthful yet chic look - perfect for weekends, breaks and when you take your children to the park...

Chucks are a timeless classic! I do, however, despise plimsoles - don't understand why so many people wears them these days...:shrugs:

Yikes! No, I can completely understand not liking them and now I know another shoe style, plimsoles! They look like an old shoe that I'm not sure is still around, Keds! Definitely not Chucks :nogood:

Mr. Big looks cute in his chucks in July's Harper's Bazaar.

Attachments

• 504x_BAZAARMILLAFIVE.jpg
    504x_BAZAARMILLAFIVE.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 427
  • 504x_BAZAARMILLAFOUR.jpg
    504x_BAZAARMILLAFOUR.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 493
  • 504x_BAZAARMILLASIX.jpg
    504x_BAZAARMILLASIX.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 420
I think Chucks at any age look good with jeans or even simple shorts. I don't think anyone is too old to wear Chucks!!! I have at least 10 pairs and my DH has several Chucks that he wears almost daily with jeans to work. And we are both in our early 40's!

^^^^ hahahaha!!! I've seen many posts about girls wearing chucks under their wedding gown too. This kind of thing was NOT what I meant when I started this post. I like your comment about Lauren Hutton. . .I'll bet you're right!
m

:P I kicked off my 4" heels and put on my Jack Purcells (by Converse) during my pre-wedding photo shoot last week! It was sooooo comfy to do the shoot in my sneakers!! :yahoo:
But the shoes were not visible in any of the photos since all of my dresses covered the shoes

But to the OP.. I don't think you can be too old to wear chucks.. just depends on what you wear it with.