How often do you use your Chanels?

Shopmore said:
I'm just curious if the ladies who carry their Chanels daily ride public transportation. I really want to wear my new flap, but I'm a little paranoid that it would be too flashy. I take public transit and walk about 8 blocks to my job. Driving is not a practical option.

I cab or DH ferries me. My bags follow me everywhere ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using PurseForum

I'm just curious if the ladies who carry their Chanels daily ride public transportation. I really want to wear my new flap, but I'm a little paranoid that it would be too flashy. I take public transit and walk about 8 blocks to my job. Driving is not a practical option.

I use mine practically every day - that's all I have anyway - and I take public transport. Having said that I live in the heart of London so I feel its quite safe, not sure what is like in other places.

Since I got my 227 reissue I use it every weekend. I use my mini on nights out. But everyday work bags I use other designers that have more room and can take a beating. I would love to use my reissue everyday but I don't think it's as practical. Maybe if I start using it more I'll find it more practical but I also like the feeling that Chanels are for special occasions. If I had a camera bag I think I'd use it daily :smile:

Madisota said:
I wear my Chanel everyday, rotating between my four. I took it everywhere, bus, subway, wet market :biggrin: I don't really pay attention to other people much. All I know is I love my purses and I want to take them everywhere I go. Somedays I was contemplating how I can justify wearing two purses at once. :biggrin:

Haha! This is so funny, but so true :biggrin: if I didn't care about baggage, I would do it too

Shopmore said:

I've worn mine on the subway station before. Not sure if I'd do it all the time, but I am just very cautious with it. Don't let it hit the poles or other people.

I drive practically everywhere, although I've worn my Chanels in cities where I relied on public transportation as a way to get from one place to another. It depends on the neighborhood, I suppose. I have also worn my Chanels with the logo facing my body when I am unsure. I also tend to wear my WOC instead in crowded places.:biggrin:

I wear my Chanels on the weekends, but there isn't much point in wearing them on the work days as I drive from home to work and back. What other designer bag would you ladies recommend as a sturdy work horse purse? I've read Balenciaga, LV...what else?

I have several LVs that I currently use, but would like a few other options...

:smile:

I take the subway everyday to go to work. I also carry my bags in all sorts of public transportations while traveling. Tubes in London, metro in Paris, trams in Vienna, etc. Honestly, I don't think anyone cares about my bags unless they are very iconic bags such as classic flaps. I've gotten more "looks" with LV bags, probably because by now, everyone in the world recognizes their monogram/damier patterns. The only people who seem to care about Chanel bags are those who also happened to be wearing one in the train, lol.

I wear my Chanels on the weekends, but there isn't much point in wearing them on the work days as I drive from home to work and back. What other designer bag would you ladies recommend as a sturdy work horse purse? I've read Balenciaga, LV...what else?

I have several LVs that I currently use, but would like a few other options...

:smile:

How about Coach and Michael Kors?

I have a couple of flaps (black, white, pink, green) and a tweed jm which I rotate with my lv biscuit mahina on a daily basis. When I travel, my carry on is usually my puffy red/white coco cocoon, or my lv cabas sabbia. When I need a separate laptop bag, I'll carry my portobello. Weekends, it's usually the m/l green flap, hermes picotin or one of the wocs. In heaviest rotation would be the lv biscuit mahina, and the jumbo flaps.

Good to see that everyone's Chanels get out and about! I'm kind of inspired to use mine more often....I do love my metallics reissue camera-and it's the larger size-so maybe I'll start carrying that around more. A lot of times I'm too lazy to switch purses, but I should make more of an effort....