How Often Do You See ppl Carrying The Real Thing? Which Styles Have U Seen?

In NC I have only seen one flap on an elderly lady at saks. I have seen plenty of fake cambon bags and fake lvs here. The only real bags I see in NC are a few speedies and neverfulls , DB and coach bags. In italy I have seen one real Chanel tote on my flight back to the us. It was an american woman who was around late 50's. I see a few real Gucci bags in italy. I would say most are fake Gucci and LV. The fake LV are even worse in italy. They have a different fleur pattern.

i've seen tons of fake Cambons black and white combo, and pink and black combo, shoes and bags. i've also seen some fake classic flaps, which was kinda scary....

when it comes to the real thing, most i've seen are GSTs and PSTs.

I'm in the O.C. & I haven't seen very many real Chanels. It's interesting that you'd expect to at least see someone carrying a Chanel when shopping at the Chanel boutique, but I never have. Most of the customers in SCP carry the newest LVs. My only sighting was a dark silver metallic reissue on a tween at A&F...wish I had started young like her!

I'm in NYC and see classic flaps on a regular basis. I see females with jumbos the most, with gold hardware. Majority of the women are 40+ but I've seen a fair share of 20-somethings carrying Chanels.

This holiday season, I've seen plenty of Chanel flaps & clutches at night. I see a lot of great purses when I go high-end shopping, to the spa or the salon - the vast majority are real. I saw a woman shopping at Saks with a red Chanel flap with beaded "flapper-like" trim & interlocking black "flapper" beaded C's (I'm sure plenty of people here will know which one I'm referring to - I'm pretty new here but eager to learn!). I just bumped into a woman while diving into the Williams-Sonoma sale carrying the same patent bordeaux GST I was carrying - we both admired each other's good taste ;)

While on vacation in Hawaii for Christmas, I saw a few Chanel modern chain totes being used as beach bags & quite a few Tory Burch totes. I saw one Chanel that Samantha carried on the beach in the SATC movie. I barely glanced at it & the woman (desperately feigning ennui) said, "Yeeees, this is THE bag! And no, you can't get it anymore". Yipes!

There were also many Eric Javits around the resort. I also saw one clear Chanel flap. The only purpose I see for that bag is as a raincoat for one of my flaps - sorry if that offends anyone. It's just strange observing Rx bottles, tampons, condoms & other items. Who knew a purse could provide TMI? The only advantage I could see with someone else carrying it would be if I liked someone's makeup & could figure it out without asking.

The women in my regular circle carry a pretty wide variety of Chanel, LV, Gucci & a sprinkling of Prada - all that I've observed are real. Lately, I've been seeing more Choo bags pop up. There is one woman (an acquaintance I wish I knew better because she's so sweet) who has seriously fabulous taste & plenty of great Chanels - she rarely carries anything else & she's one of the only ones to carry some of the non-traditional designs along with fun colors. I love her sense of style - she always manages to look chic! I :heart: her shoes too! I also have an aunt in the area who is always popping up with a new black Chanel.

Out & about running errands/at the movies, I get tired of seeing bad fakes - mostly LV & Gucci with a few Chanel Cambon.

I know the med/large black caviar flap is popular and lots of people buy it, but come to think of it, I hardly see people carrying over here.

I do see more people carrying the east/west flap, GST and surprisingly an increasing amount of xl jumbo vintage flaps.

Most of time, what i saw are the real things :smile: only probably 1 or 2 are not.

I was in Hongkong over Christmas and have seen LOADS of chanels in the decent shopping malls - black reissues (a few), purple reissue, black cavier GST, black jumbo classic flaps in caviar (quite a few), black lambskin classic (a few), large shopping tote (don't know the name), vinyl bon bon, a few bubble quilts, camera bag, etc... really LOADS of them... and they all looked real. There were only a couple which I think were fake... and there were looooooooong queues outside the Chanel boutique in the tsim sha tsui area, it was amazing...:dothewave:

^ I encountered the same thing, but it was in Selfridges London. I saw soo many Chanels and 95% were being carried but mostly young, stunning looking Asian girls when I was shopping in the sales. The majority were wearing meduim classic flaps, but I saw reissue's, PTT, GST, mini flaps, ice cube flap- you name it a cute, stylish young girl was carrying them. I was in Chanel heaven.