How often do you lock your keys in your car?

Only once.... so far! It was a horrible experience so I think I have definitely learned from that experience and will (hopefully) never do it again!

I went to grab something from the trunk and stupidly placed my keys down and then BAM, closed the trunk. Once I realized what happened I practically fell to the street laughing and screaming "OMG". Called AAA to pop open the door (got my window tints messed up in the process) only to find out that there's no way to open the trunk from the inside of the car once the car is locked!!! I have the door-open button on my keys and hit that before I put it into the trunk so I was doomed.

Don't have one of those ski things that has access to the trunk, the stupid lasser keys from BMW takes at least 3 days to ship to the nearest dealership so there was no choice but to ask my friend to drive over an hour to get my spare key.

Oh man, what an experience.

I have yet to do it with this car. Only because I only lock my car with the keyless. So if I have been driving then go to lock the doors with the key still in the doors wont lock. It will only lock with the key in it if i havent been driving....like if i go out inthe am to warm the car up.. I start it with the extra key then come in the house and use the other key to lock it.

With my previous car only once.

Yeah...I've done this one too many times! I think 4 total. Once, I left the car running...And the worst was when DS was a baby and I couldn't get him to fall asleep, so we went out for a drive, got back home after he had fallen asleep and I locked him in the car :faint: I felt terrible!!! I called my good friend Pop-A-Lock and they came and got him out.
A useful tip, if you lock your kid in the car, Pop-A-Lock will open your car for free! I should have them on my speed dial! :lol:

I have done it in the past... same thing cell phone too! My whole freakin purse!

Thank God my car now won't let me lock them in the car. If the remote is in the car, the doors will not lock, unless the car is moving. So even if the car is on, and I get out and try to lock the doors, it won't let me!

Honestly, until this thread I had no idea there were such things as cars that won't let you lock your keys in! That's brilliant!!

My car is coming up on 5yrs old & it's your basic basic car. Manual locks, manual seats, manual windows, manual drive...simple, and I love it, except I lock my keys in faaar too often!!

Never but I also carry the spare in a coin purse. My old car wouldn't lock the doors when you press lock if the key's in the ignition. I got a new car and don't know if it has that feature. Hopefully I don't jinx myself and lock my keys in tomorrow.

Did it once and had to get mom to bail me out, I was around 17 though. Never happened again, I always make sure my keys are in my hand when I get out of the car and I always lock it.

My mother used to do this on a weekly basis I swear, and I course it was never around home so I'd have to drive 25min to bail her out. Finally she got a car with a keypad on the door, made our life easier.

I've only done it twice - once when I was learning to drive (first time I actually parked the car) and then again after someone had driven into me - not that it mattered much at that stage, I was crying too much to drive anywhere for a while.

It's happened to me two or three times. Once I had the car on, as well. SMH.

Now, BEFORE I get out of the car, I put my keys in my purse. Unfortunately, I'm the type to look back inside my purse after I get out of the car two seconds later to make sure they're really in there before I lock and close the door. I guess I don't trust my memory past five seconds ago.

:shrugs:

I honestly don't think I ever have. I mean, I take the keys out of the ignition, them put them in my pocket, so I can't think of a reason why I'd leave them in the car.

Now, I have locked the house without keys, but that's cause I forget that Kara isn't home or Tristan, and I'll instinctively lock the door when heading to the gym (cause I usually ride my bicycle and don't bring my car keys which have my home keys on the ring). Luckily, I have a key hidden. :smile:

The 3 times that I have locked my keys in my car was with each of my 3 pregnancies. First time, I was so excited to go check out stuff for my baby registry that I left my keys in the car with the ignition on. The employees thought that someone got kidnapped! 2nd time, I thought I took my car keys but it was my work keys in my hand instead. 3rd time, was when I was heating up my car, I thought I left my car unlocked but apparently that was not the case!