How my day was ruined....(bring tissue)

Oh no! :wtf: I'm so sorry to hear this. Did you by any chance put on lotion before you touched the bag? Another Pfer had a similar horror story saying that her bag was stained w/fingerprints after her friend used lotion and touched her lambskin bag. I hope that the boutique can fix it.

I would try the cornstarch trick again, but dab it on with pressure and leave it for a few hours, even overnight. And see if the oil spots get lighter. Hope it works! *hugs*

Ahh, I know how you feel. I'm very anal about my bags! Even if no one can see it, I know it's there! But I agree with lovensparkle. I remember reading a while back in the Balenciaga forum that you have to leave the cornstarch on for awhile. This is how some undarkened their handles, I think!

Came back to check up on you...sooooo sorry this happened. I know you just got it. :crybaby: Take it the boutique and maybe they will have some suggestions to clean it. I've been wanting this bag for a while and it's such a pretty bag! Hang in there!

I am sorry to hear and would be as upset as you are... agree with trying the cornstarch again and leaving it on overnight. A good leather should be able to absorb stains over time so that they fade away and don't look as noticeable. Try not to mess with it too much or it may become worse.

I actually got some cheese on my grey reissue last time when I had pizza at CPK, the waiter got that cheese oil stain on my bag when cleaning our table!!! I did use cornstarch to absorb the oil and it did help a lot. Though the stain never go away completely (and it's on the front), but it lightened up pretty well and totally blends in with the distressed leather. So now I can live with that little incident. But I know how you feel, I almost cried when I saw that oil stain!! Try Cornstarch again and again, leave it on the leather over night and use like a book to press on top so that the cornstarch could absorb as much oil out as possible. after the incident I sprayed my bag twice with apple guard water/stain resistant spray. don't know if that chemical actually help prevent the tragedy but I at least got a peace of mind after spraying....

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your reissue. If cornstarch doesn't work the second time around, maybe you should bring it to a Chanel boutique near you. I am sure they will have a cure for it. Good luck!

Ohhh Courtney!! This is soo awful!! I know how much you care about your handbags.. I'm so sorry about this.. Anything you can do to take off the stains?! I would never wanted any stains on my reissues too..

I know how you feel, I messed up my fendi chef bag once trying to whipe out a penmark. The penmark dissapeared, only now I had created a lighter spot and it bugs me soooo much! It's also on the back, but it still bugs me this perfect bag is no longer perfect!

Also, when I get a new bag I usually spray them with waterresistant leather spray to prevent staining. Grease and dirt won't attach to the leather as much this way. It really works on my white summer bags. (though I would be carefull with colored lambskin, try it first in an invisible place to make sure the color won't fade!)

Hope you will get over the frustration.. And like everyone else has said, luckily it is at the back!!

I went out to eat on Sunday with the family, and somehow someone must have flinged some butter and it landed on my gray reissue, and I was mortified.

I took a chance and did the following, which did remove most of the stain, just be very careful. I used one of those Mr. Clean sponges and got it wet. I wiped it on the stain everytime the leather dried. Don't freak out, it will not leave a waterstain. Once it dried again, I did put some cornstarch on what was left of the stain (by this time most of it was gone).

The butter stain is barely noticeable at this point, and I barely see it unless I examine the bag. I don't think anyone would ever notice the stain.

I'm sorry to hear that your bag is stained! You should try the cornstarch again, but the good thing is that the bag is distressed lambskin so over time the stain will fade and blend in perfectly with your bag. Good luck!