How many louboutins do you buy per month?

First off, I agree with Carlinha, :tup: it's not so much about the number of shoes I buy per month as the cost per pair of CL shoes that I am purchasing. :yes: I am also of the philosophy, that if a shoe doesn't speak to me, I'm not going to purchase it. Which means that sometimes, like a few other ladies have said here already, that I might go a few months without buying any and then find quite a few that I like within a one month window and do some major splurging. But, overall, I do not purchase "x" amount of shoes per month like clockwork. :P

Louboutins: (see above) varies
Other designer shoes: (see above) same principle applies
Other shoes: N/A (I don't really purchase other shoes that are not 'designer' so to speak because I do not find the quality to be nearly as good or comparable which in turn does not make the shoes much of an investment for me. At most, I would usually end up wearing these type of shoes only once and then they would just sit in my closet. After I realized what a waste of money this was and how frivolous I was being about it, I just stopped purchasing them altogether. Although, please understand that I am not trying to snob or look down upon those that do purchase these type of shoes. I firmly believe that if you love something, buy it as long as you know you are going to wear them often, which in my opinion can justify the cost per wear of spending on say a $100 or $3K shoe. But anyways, shoes for me that might fall into this category are: flip flop's, running shoes, hiking boots, slippers, winter house boots (UGG's), rain boot's (Hunter's) etc.

I am a bit of a binge buyer - I can go months without buying a pair, but then I might buy 5pairs in 1 month when it grabs hold of me:graucho:

I like that phrase, "binge buyer." :P I guess I am the same. I don't have a budget for shoes each month since I feel like priorities have changed since my DH and I bought a home and then got married. I have replaced shoes (for the moment) with furniture and inviting friends and family over to our home. I really don't gravitate towards popular pairs or coveted pairs, but I definitely stick towards pairs that fit my lifestyle, designer or not.

For me it depends on the month. If I like a shoe & its in my budget I get it.:tup:

Also since not all shoes cost the same it's really about what you spend per month.

I also buy a lot of designer purses & designer clothes so this sometimes cuts into my budget.

I also buy other designer shoes but this is happening less & less.

I've been on a Louboutin kick lately.:P

I don't own any non designer shoes.

I like designer items so I don't own too many non designer items period.:shrugs:

Well since Saturday, I hadn't bought a new pair since September. But I just broke that record last saturday.
Louboutins: Not enough to calculate an average.
Designer shoes: Again not enough to calculate an average.
Non-designer shoes: Probably about 8 or 9, I like to balance it out.

it's not about the number of shoes for me, it's about how much the shoes cost... unfortunately not all shoes are created equal... you can buy a pair on ebay/on sale for a few hundred dollars, or spend 6K on one pair.

so, i have a monthly budget, and if that accommodates 5 cheaper shoes or 1 more expensive pair, then that is what determines how many pairs i get per month.

My answer is 'too many', at least since the Spring/Summer '11 collection started arriving. Before that it was 1-2 pairs a month. I've nearly doubled my collection since November :lecture: But I like your idea C of a monthly budget! I just wish I knew the entire season's collection in advance so I could pick which ones I would go after and not buy the ones I don't like as much.

My answer is 'too many', at least since the Spring/Summer '11 collection started arriving. Before that it was 1-2 pairs a month. I've nearly doubled my collection since November :lecture: But I like your idea C of a monthly budget! I just wish I knew the entire season's collection in advance so I could pick which ones I would go after and not buy the ones I don't like as much.

ITA with you Dessye! Could not have said it better myself!

Dessye, you just need to consult Bonanza and eBay ;) I know some of your pairs are highly coveted!

I have only been into CLs seriously since October, and it has averaged about 2 pair a month, but I have recently slowed down as I think I have quite a few pair that befits my wardrobe and I'm kind of nurturing a Bal bag habit in addition :P

My DH and I have recently instituted Austerity Measures, which means no more shoes or bags this year (or wine collecting for him LOL) unless something else goes!

I really haven't been collecting Louboutins long enough to have an average but ITA with Carlinha..it's not about the amount but the price each shoes cost. I'm a bag lover as well as shoes lover so I have to set a budget to limit my spending

Louboutins: I can go months without purchasing any bags (may it be I'm on a hunt or simply just do not have any on my wish list) and that allows me to shift some of my "bag funds" towards CLs:sneaky:..depending on how many styles are on my wish list, I may get 3-4 pairs at a time in 1 month. WE all know how popular CLs are these days so if you don't get them quick you might not get them at all..

Other designer shoes: I mostly wear and am a sucker for ballerinas so on average I purchase 1-2 pairs per month..no heels, just flats!:love:

Louboutins: I have a collection of 19 over 3 years. That makes for an average of one pair every other month (though it is certainly not as orderly or tidy as that in reality).

Other designers: Same, an average of 1 every other month or so.

Non-designer: Tons. My tastes are not particularly discriminating. I am an equal-opportunity buyer. Running shoes, flip flops, summer wedges, Vans....you name it, I buy it. Probably every other month as well.

I'm new to CL and the last 6 months I bought 5 pair. But this has to stop because otherwise I'm broke in two months lol. I'm a grad student so I have to save for them.

Not per month. Per year.

If I give myself a number and that number pays for 2, then it's 2. If it pays for 11, then it's 11.

Unless an accessory speaks to me in ways I can't even begin to describe, I usually like to keep all my accessories (shoes included) on the couture saide. Otherwise, I do keep non designer shoes to a limit of 3 per year.

For me it is about being in love with a pair of shoes. If I feel that feeling in the pit of my stomach, I know I need them. No set number, just how much I am drawn to them. I always regret skipping over I pair I really want, as too often, they are GONE!!!