How many Longchamps do you own?

I have a ton of them. My favorites are the custom bags. Here's a little family shot of my royal blue/hot pink ones:

attachment.php

I also have a small long-handled bag in dark purple with a royal blue stripe, and an extra large bag in royal blue with a light blue stripe, and a ton of little clutches and coin purses.

Can't wait for this season's bags to go on sale. I have my eye on a red long-handled shopper.

Last edited:
I noticed that the majority of responders have the Pliage bag...

What's the difference between Pliage and Planete? Pros/cons of each?

I'm hoping to use the medium sized with short handles to work... Suggestions?

The Le Pliage bag is a nylon and the Planete is a thicker, coated nylon. I have the La Pliage handheld in red and the Planete shoulderbag (medium) in black. I think the Planete is a little dressier looking and the sales lady at Nordstrom's agreed. The Planete costs a little more, but not that much. Either the Le Pliage or the Planete are wonderful bags. You can't go wrong with either one.

Last edited:
The Le Pliage bag is a nylon and the Planete is a thicker, coated nylon. I have the La Pliage handheld in red and the Planete shoulderbag (medium) in black. I think the Planete is a little dressier looking and the sales lady at Nordstrom's agreed. The Planete costs a little more, but not that much. Either the Le Pliage or the Planete are wonderful bags. You can't go wrong with either one.

The Planates doesn't fold up and the Le Pliage does.

One thing I like about the Le Pliage is I can put it inside another bag, all folded up.

i had one - love the pastel pink '07 seasonal color, the bubbling got really bad and i returned it to Longchamp. Longchamp is GREAT they allow me to have a new one for free :tup: (the new piece i gave to mil who chooses the color herself olive '09 seasonal color and loves it :yes:)

Love their Le Pliage bags, i have a small in the Orange color, a long handled medium in Navy blue and the XXL short handle in Graphite. Had 2 custom ones too, both in Medium. I usually wear the Medium long handled Terracota and Graphite combination with the XXL Graphite as overnight bags. So easy for travel! Plus I can always pack it inside if I decide to bring home a purse souvenir.:graucho:

i had one - love the pastel pink '07 seasonal color, the bubbling got really bad and i returned it to Longchamp. Longchamp is GREAT they allow me to have a new one for free :tup: (the new piece i gave to mil who chooses the color herself olive '09 seasonal color and loves it :yes:)

I noticed that bubblings are beginning to appear at the part where the bag is folded as well. Does anyone know what causes it to appear?

I have 3. Short Handle in Red, Small in a light tan with black handles and a custom one in Medium long handles, in pistacho and a peachy pink. Not sure of the colour oops!

Love longchamp for being light weight! I always pack them when I go travelling :biggrin: