How Many Bags Do You Own?

How Many Bags Do You Own

• 1-5

• 6-10

• 11-20

• 21-30

• 31+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Last year I sold 2 very expensive leather jackets, which I’d offered to my niece, but were too small for her.

I didn’t get enough for them-I’m scared the same would happen with my bags-I’m more attached to my bags than my clothes, if that makes sense..-if I sold them for very little to total strangers, it would feel like giving them away..

Looking at other bags for sale, I should easily be able to get the prices I’d want-it’s just hard to part with them..I keep meaning to wear the same one until it just wears out, but I love rotating my bags, so that doesn’t happen!

I don’t have your discipline or willpower, except to say that I haven’t gone above 15…but that’s more because with 3 cats and limited storage it’s not really an option!
I have zero willpower when it comes to resisting purchasing. But the vast majority of bags I own are pre-loved, and I'm fairly adventurous when it comes to trying new styles. Sometimes they just don't work for me and I resell.

For awhile I was collecting, primarily Bal oldies. I sold the majority as I found I didn't like bags sitting there unused. At that point I decided that, if I wasn't going to carry something, I'd sell it. (Size was often as issue, as was colour. I'm primarily a black/brown/grey bag carrier, with the odd outlier).

I have zero willpower when it comes to resisting purchasing. But the vast majority of bags I own are pre-loved, and I'm fairly adventurous when it comes to trying new styles. Sometimes they just don't work for me and I resell.

For awhile I was collecting, primarily Bal oldies. I sold the majority as I found I didn't like bags sitting there unused. At that point I decided that, if I wasn't going to carry something, I'd sell it. (Size was often as issue, as was colour. I'm primarily a black/brown/grey bag carrier, with the odd outlier).
Thanks for that post!

Until now I’ve never tried reselling..just gifting..
Today I’ve listed 3 for the first time-all have been found, 1 has some interest already…I don’t know whether they’ll all sell…if they do I’ll be over the moon, and hold the space for a dream bag next year, but somehow believe that, if they weren’t good enough for me that, nobody else will want them!

Your post is very reassuring!
Lots of PF members seem able to resell, whether it’s because they’re selling more high end brands than mine, or whether it’s simply because if you believe something will sell, it does I don’t know..but it’s very encouraging that they’ve all been found within a few hours..

I also have a limited colour palette..

If these sell, I’ll list more, but let’s see what happens first…xx

Thanks for that post!

Until now I’ve never tried reselling..just gifting..
Today I’ve listed 3 for the first time-all have been found, 1 has some interest already…I don’t know whether they’ll all sell…if they do I’ll be over the moon, and hold the space for a dream bag next year, but somehow believe that, if they weren’t good enough for me that, nobody else will want them!

Your post is very reassuring!
Lots of PF members seem able to resell, whether it’s because they’re selling more high end brands than mine, or whether it’s simply because if you believe something will sell, it does I don’t know..but it’s very encouraging that they’ve all been found within a few hours..

I also have a limited colour palette..

If these sell, I’ll list more, but let’s see what happens first…xx
A certain amount of patience is required for selling. I’ve had bags sit for several weeks, then all of a sudden two or three will sell in a row. Beware of people asking you to contact them via text or email ( especially on Posh) , most of them are phishing for info.

A certain amount of patience is required for selling. I’ve had bags sit for several weeks, then all of a sudden two or three will sell in a row. Beware of people asking you to contact them via text or email ( especially on Posh) , most of them are phishing for info.
Thank you, I literally have zero experience!
(And will definitely have to learn patience)..
But if in the end all 3 sell, inspiring me to “shop” again in my collection for bags to rehome, it’ll definitely be worth it-I’ve been looking at bags for my Wishlist in anticipation …

I haven’t bought a new bag this year-because of my Siamese Tammy being so ill, it won’t be a Grail bag this year, but definitely a step up from the bags I’m selling.

The support I’m receiving on PF really helps-without it I wouldn’t have been motivated to start.

Thank you, I literally have zero experience!
(And will definitely have to learn patience)..
But if in the end all 3 sell, inspiring me to “shop” again in my collection for bags to rehome, it’ll definitely be worth it-I’ve been looking at bags for my Wishlist in anticipation …

I haven’t bought a new bag this year-because of my Siamese Tammy being so ill, it won’t be a Grail bag this year, but definitely a step up from the bags I’m selling.

The support I’m receiving on PF really helps-without it I wouldn’t have been motivated to start.
Good luck with selling and ignore the low ballers! I’m my experience though be prepared to lower your price, people are always looking for a deal. I generally price a bit higher so I have more wiggle room. But that can also stop some people from being interested, it’s a bit of a dance. :lol:

:lol:
My count is down to 11 and I‘m still out of room. I am considering another purge. My fear was I would miss my old bags and regret parting with them but I’m not missing any of them. Heres to getting down to 47 :drinks:
Thanks! I have to admit to missing some of my Bal oldies, but purely from a collector’s POV. They were all gorgeous but most were too small for my needs.

• Love
Reactions: Nibb and cecchetti
Thanks! I have to admit to missing some of my Bal oldies, but purely from a collector’s POV. They were all gorgeous but most were too small for my needs.
I’m worried that I’ll miss mine if I sell too many..

I’ve listed 4 now-but don’t want to sell more than 3 atm..

If I do actually sell 3, I think I’ll stop there for then, unless by that time I think I’ll be able to distance myself from all of them.

3 will give adequate space physically and in my mind for a major purchase when I’m ready-atm I’m planning the upcoming bag-I’ve seen a lovely Bottega Veneta, because I’m not following my wishlist this time the bag has to fit my colour scheme, and be an upgrade to the bags I’ve gifted/returned, but I’m casting my net a bit wider this time…I’m looking forward to my birthday shopping spree and lunch !

• Insightful
Reactions: limom
I’m worried that I’ll miss mine if I sell too many..

I’ve listed 4 now-but don’t want to sell more than 3 atm..

If I do actually sell 3, I think I’ll stop there for then, unless by that time I think I’ll be able to distance myself from all of them.

3 will give adequate space physically and in my mind for a major purchase when I’m ready-atm I’m planning the upcoming bag-I’ve seen a lovely Bottega Veneta, because I’m not following my wishlist this time the bag has to fit my colour scheme, and be an upgrade to the bags I’ve gifted/returned, but I’m casting my net a bit wider this time…I’m looking forward to my birthday shopping spree and lunch !
Enjoy!

Reactions: cecchetti
Thank you!
My birthday isn’t until April, which actually is only a few weeks away…

I’d like to go out knowing if sold at least one bag towards next year(pressure?), although that’s totally separate as I have a vacancy this year..I’ve also seen a Saint Laurent I like this year…or I May play safe with another Jimmy Choo..idk.

Next year I’ll gradually sell(and maybe gift) anything that I’m not using, and create a vacancy for a real Wishlist piece which won’t be a compromise..

This year Tammy(my Siamese) is my priority , so my bag has to compromise , but will still hopefully not be a bag I’ll want to part with.

I’m still drooling over your Dior!

I’m NOT selling any more!!!

I sold 2 non high end designer bags very quickly-for enough money, so I’m not complaining, and neither were being used any more, so down to 11 in preparation for my shopping trip, to round it up to a Happy 12 for this year.

For next years splurge , either I’ll sell more at Christmas(I withdrew the others from sale), or just gift one to my niece to make room-at the moment I’m just counting the weeks until my trip.

Overall, 4 low end designer bags will have moved for 1 good bag, so I’m very happy(15 bags will become 12)- I will hopefully come home tired but happy, out for a birthday lunch with a dear friend on the same day..what’s not to love?

I’m NOT selling any more!!!

I sold 2 non high end designer bags very quickly-for enough money, so I’m not complaining, and neither were being used any more, so down to 11 in preparation for my shopping trip, to round it up to a Happy 12 for this year.

For next years splurge , either I’ll sell more at Christmas(I withdrew the others from sale), or just gift one to my niece to make room-at the moment I’m just counting the weeks until my trip.

Overall, 4 low end designer bags will have moved for 1 good bag, so I’m very happy(15 bags will become 12)- I will hopefully come home tired but happy, out for a birthday lunch with a dear friend on the same day..what’s not to love?
Congrats on your sales!

Congrats on your sales!
Thank you!
I’m a bit overwhelmed that they happened so quickly tbh..
I think it helped that one was pink, that they were both popular designers at accessible price points, and that it’s close to Valentines Day.

But all 4 had interest, and I was a bit worried that I’d get carried away and sell half of my bags!
I’d sold the 2 which really weren’t useful size wise, so decided to quit while I was ahead.
I’m sure that I’d be able to sell more at the end of the year, and I have an unused bag which was a gift which would make a great 21st birthday present for my niece if I decide to gift it next year, although it’s quite a useful size..

I’ve achieved Purse Peace including my New bag this year-I’ll be comfortable with 12-although my Wishlist hasn’t changed at all..

It’s SO exciting knowing that in a few weeks I’ll be replacing 4 unwanted bags with a new one!

What a neat compact collection!
Gorgeous bags xxxxx

I’m going to visit my parents in 10 days time-my Mum loves handbags and isn’t at all well at the moment, I’m thinking of gifting her one of mine to cheer her up, as I don’t think she’s up to going out shopping.
My Dad will groan and say “not another handbag!”- but I only have one Mum-I cannot turn up empty handed when she’s so unwell..