How long did you want an LV before you got one?

I remember I saw and wanted my first LV when I was fifteen or sixteen. There was a lady walking round Sherway with a Multicolore pouchette, and it was the first time I can remember really wanting an LV.

However, The Witches was one of my favourite movies as a kid. Midway through, Eva van Ernst's (Anjelica Huston's character) is seen giving other witches Pounds Sterling notes out of one of those big trunks. At the end *SPOILER* you see the trunk has ended up with Luke & his grandmother. Perhaps I wanted an LV even at 6 or 7, and neatly tucked it away in my subconscience, to return in my late teens/early twenties. In theory, I could've wanted an LV for nearly fifteen years before I finally got one.

I forgot about LV for awhile, and found as I grew up, I wanted something that wasn't so obviously LV or covered in logos. When they released the Damier Ebene Speedy, I was all over that. It seems to have returned with a vengeance - as there seem to be a tonne of canvas line bags & SLGs I want.

I have to say LV found me, I didn't have to wait because I didn't know it existed until I walked into a consignment store February of 2003 and saw a mono Samaur hanging on the wall and knew I had to have it even though it wasn't my style. It was the color combo of the brown mono and light vachetta that drew me in. I went back a few days later and bought a mini Montsouris backpack. And the rest is history. And to fund my addiction I sell to buy and have an ex husband who kindly loans me money to help feed my addiction. Lately, I have only been able to buy pre-loved. :love:

That's what I tell her every time she comments on one of my new bags... I tell her " You made this monster"!

Damn... I wish I could tell my mom its her fault when she gives me grief over ANOTHER bag... but she does NOT get it... the only one of my bags she likes is my Dior Saddle and even than she was like; its cute but you should cut off that "D" hanging from the front.

I've loved LV ever since I was 4 or 5 from seeing my mom carry her Noe. No matter how much I begged and pleaded, she would never let me borrow it, even now lol. She'd let me at her other stuff but never that Noe, it was her second baby lol. My first piece was a Pochette Accessoires from her at around 16 and I've slowly collected ever since. But finally after 18 years from first laying eyes on that Noe, last year, I got around to getting a Petit Noe. I have to say that was the most exciting purchase for me!

About a year and a half before my first piece (ZCP) and about three years before my first bag (Speedy). Not so much the price but because my husband didn't really want me to have LV, but finally he realized it wasn't a whim.

Daydrmer said:
About 8 months. LV wasn't really on my radar then I spotted someone with a Trevi. I had never seen a style before that I loved until I saw that baby.

The same thing happened to me! I didn't really fall in love with LV until I saw the Trevi. That was two years ago! I plan to finally purchase one this month after a long time of saving and planning!

New here! Ive always wanted an LV since my senior year in high school, that was 2009. This past august for my 21st bday I got the NF MM in ebene and 4 months later for this christmas my boyfriend got me the speedy 30 azur

I got my first LV as a birthday present from my mum when I was fifteen! I adored them for years before this so I guess I was an early starter! It was the trotteur in monogram and i still have it nearly ten years later!

30 years...

Saw a splendid set of LV luggage close to that gentleman in a tiny railway station in Normandy, when I was a teenager (about 17). For sure he was the owner of the "Manoir" (little castle) next to the village (Breauté Beuzeville). So classy! I wish I could be that man later.

But later on, I only admired girls or women LV but did not consider LV was suitable for a boy (unless rich enough to have trunks...).

One of my girlfriends sometimes borrowed her mother's keepall.

As an adult, in fact I bough an LV bag (red Epi Lussac) to my wife long before I considered buying some MM luggage for me. First one was a Conseiller briefcase, yes about 30 years after seeing this tremendous set of Alzer, Bistein etc. I quite remember there were at least 5 and there was of course a "porteur" to put the whole in the train. What a first shock!