How long did you want an LV before you got one?

I never knew what LV was until I worked with a girl who had a bag. That was about 8 years ago. The rest is history. I was in bag envy and was able to purchase my first bag (mono NF MM) about 4 years ago!

I waited about 9 months - I had outgrown Coach after I bought a bag in the boutique for $450 and found it at the outlet for $125 about 6 months later. Like many, it started with the Neverfull.

I first saw LV in 2001 and 3 months later as a high school graduation gift for myself, I bought the mono Musette at $450. I still have and will treasure it.

I loved LV for about 8 years until I finally purchased one. It was not the right time 8 years ago. My interest was renewed last March when I saw a woman with a Mono Artsy. I purchased my Verona 4 months later. I'm so excited to say that I'll get the Artsy this month. I'm going to have to cheat on LV after the Artsy because I'm in love with a Chloe crossbody.

I loved it since 8th grade (2003) when I saw my bff's mom carrying it ... flash forward 8 years and I finally bought one! It was super hard to hand over my cc for that first bag but it somehow gets much easier after that first one LOL

25 years, lol!

Me, too! Since 1986 to be precise. I hid my lust for LV from even myself for years, and with a husband, three kids, a house, pets, cars, etc., there were always other things on which to spend money. My DH spent a good portion of the year overseas, and wanted to get me something for Christmas 2011 that I "have always wanted." i decided on the Speedy B 35 as it is my holy grail LV while still meeting the practical needs of my life. I think a serious new addiction is forming.

Me, too! Since 1986 to be precise. I hid my lust for LV from even myself for years, and with a husband, three kids, a house, pets, cars, etc., there were always other things on which to spend money. My DH spent a good portion of the year overseas, and wanted to get me something for Christmas 2011 that I "have always wanted." i decided on the Speedy B 35 as it is my holy grail LV while still meeting the practical needs of my life. I think a serious new addiction is forming.

I think every tPFer can confirm that a new addiction is forming :giggles:

Enjoy it. Welcome to tPF

I think every tPFer can confirm that a new addiction is forming :giggles:

Enjoy it. Welcome to tPF

Thanks! I have gotten rid of 3 Coach purses and a never-used Beijo (a friend sells them as. home-based business) since Christmas -- they all went to good homes where they will be appreciated. I am determined to use my LV -- and not keep it for a "special occasion" that never occurs. Life is short, and I am determined to live out the rest of the life that I have enjoying every day in full. :sunshine::speedy: Is it bad that a new Damier Ebene Neverfull is on its way to my house as we speak? My justification? I am worried about taking the mono Speedy out on the rain and snow so I am getting a more casual bag that I can lug to the gym, the grocery store, the baseball diamond, the soccer field, the gymnastics lessons, the dance lessons, the school pick-up line on the yucky days. . :graucho: I am not sure if TPF is helping my addiction at all! :lol::giggles::giggles::giggles::giggles::giggles: in any case, I feel glad that I found others to help guide my selections as I live in Iowa, about 4 hours from the nearest LV.

As an aside, I love your city! I visited there in 1988.

Growing up in NY I was never attracted to LV--I saw so many fakes on the subway- and I became a Coach addict in the early 90's. In 2004 I was taking a course for my Master's degree and a couple of girls were chatting in the back of the class--one girl had a Papillon and the other was admiring it. The bag owner rolled her eyes and said Oh, EVERYONE has this purse.... (I was thinking to myself --Well, I don't! I need an LV!!)
That's when I started liking LV. I went to the boutique and looked at the Speedy 25 and the Sarah wallet - back then it was called the Pochette wallet. I was discouraged when I found out the wallet was over $500!!! But I never stopped longing for it!

I got my first LV in 2006 --the Petit Bucket, then the Speedy 25 and then the Alma--all within a year. In 2008 I finally got the Sarah wallet and now I have three of them!! I'm totally addicted:lol:

New here! I have really really wanted one for about 10 years and my husband has always said no way. I have a couple Coach, Kate Spade, and several Kooba bags but I always lusted over Louis Vuitton. My wonderful husband started dropping hints about finally caving in for my Christmas gift. I narrowed it down to a Speedy 35, Delightful pm, or Monty gm but I secretly wanted the Tivoli gm (I was trying to keep it on the low end for him;). Well, Christmas morning I had a big brown box under the tree. He got me the Delightful mm. I didn't really like the way it looked on me. It was a little too big. So we went the next day to exchange and I got the Tivoli gm! I absolutely love it. It was worth the wait but I definitely think I am addicted!

I've secretly admired LV for many many many years but could not justify spending the money on one because of family commitment. I got my BH in 2009 after taking on a part time job at night (on top of my full time one), which help me saved enough. So, you can add me to the ones who had to slave for LV:lolots::lolots::lolots:

I think it was about a week? :shame: I was in the LV hater crowd, couldn't stand the monogram, associated everything LV with all things tacky and ugly... then I came across TPF, saw Miroslava Duma in her leopard scarves and a week later I had my own one. It's been a complete 180 for me, I got two bags in rapid succession after my scarf and have been slowly adding ever since 08 :smile:

New here! I have really really wanted one for about 10 years and my husband has always said no way. I have a couple Coach, Kate Spade, and several Kooba bags but I always lusted over Louis Vuitton. My wonderful husband started dropping hints about finally caving in for my Christmas gift. I narrowed it down to a Speedy 35, Delightful pm, or Monty gm but I secretly wanted the Tivoli gm (I was trying to keep it on the low end for him;). Well, Christmas morning I had a big brown box under the tree. He got me the Delightful mm. I didn't really like the way it looked on me. It was a little too big. So we went the next day to exchange and I got the Tivoli gm! I absolutely love it. It was worth the wait but I definitely think I am addicted!

Welcome to TPF! What a cute story. Your husband is super sweet to give you the bag you truly wanted. You are very blessed! ;)