How in god's name I can get the eBay customer support #?

Gotta say in my brief experience of being a "power seller" (no other perks as far as I could tell), you could get right through. But I was only a powerseller because I sold several high end bags in one month and they thought I was a high roller seller. Don't even know (or care) if they still have the power seller program, but they did give you a hotline #. I feel sure it no longer works:biggrin:

This is show I got through to those creeps:

Click on "Contact Us" (a cruel joke...),
Click on "[See more topics]" at the bottom of the "Top Issues" list,
Click on "Bidding & buying" (third choice from the top),
Click on "Buyer Protection" in the 2nd topic box that opens,
Six topic choices (blue links) show up below,
Click on the last one: "How can I avoid vehicle fraud?"

You will get connect to the department that handles vehicle fraud, but then all you have to do is tell them what exactly your problem is, and they'll direct you to the appropriate department.

I will say that I was very lucky b/c once I finally got someone on the phone, the guy couldn't have been nicer & got my final value fee credited back to me-thank god!!!!!!!!!!

:tdown:

I'm glad it helped you. I swear I went through all of the topics and most of the subtopics before finding that one way to get the "Call us" link. I kept thinking about what would be big, serious or complicated enough to warrant a "call us" link from the start vs. the usual "email us" or "chat with us" links. Cars are big...;)

Thanks lori. Maybe you can help us get somewhere with that specific number. It's one of the numbers I tried. The recording says, "Good afternoon. Welcome to eBay Community Support. This call may be recorded for quality purposes. Please enter your PIN followed by the # key. If you would like to hear how to get a temporary PIN, press the * key. To get a temporary PIN log in at ebay.com, go to our "Contact us" page and specify the purpose of your call. You'll be given a seven-digit temporary PIN and a phone number to use for that call. The PIN is only good for 15 minutes, so please do this just prior to calling next time..." After this, if you don't have PIN to enter, the recording says: "If you would like to proceed without a PIN, press "2." Since we're unable to verify your account, we're not able to help you at this time. Thank you for calling eBay. Goodbye," and hangs up.

So this number sends you back to the "Contact us" page and the endless loop of "ask another question or try these related topics." I tried pressing "0" but that didn't help. Do you know how to override the recording and get to a human being?

Hmm, that's strange. I can't remember what sequence of numbers I tried or if I said "agent" to get through. I'll have to see if I can replicate what I did.