How I fell for LV

I couldn't stand LV. Matter fact, back when the PF made it's 1st designer forum (LV), I wouldn't even walk in. I just never understood and didn't want to. But one day, I got curious, and I came in. I started to warm up to them. My very first LV bag was the fuschia denim baggy PM.

My great aunt was a collector. For my 3rd birthday, she gave me a Mini Mono Speedy HL. My mom let me play with it and abuse it, and then one day she took it away. When I turned 17 I started thinking about the bag often, as my mom had told me a story about when her aunt had died, and how she gave all of her LV luggage to the door man! *gasp* My mom said she had to find the bag, and maybe a month later she gave it to me. Ever since then it's been an ongoing thing. My only designer bag obsession. (Thank Goodness!) I just can't get into any other brands, but it's not my fault. I was started with LV wayy too young. =)

Mind started about 6 years ago when I saw a lady at work with a MC speedy. I totally forgot about because hubby & I were just starting out and couldn't afford it. Then I got bored one day and discovered cerises and cherry blossom and got hooked. so I would say the full blown obsession started around February of this year....but I started buying in April.

I couldn't stand LV. Matter fact, back when the PF made it's 1st designer forum (LV), I wouldn't even walk in. I just never understood and didn't want to. But one day, I got curious, and I came in. I started to warm up to them. My very first LV bag was the fuschia denim baggy PM.

My story is very similar to yours!! I used to think the LV Forum was crazy and I just didn't see the attraction. But I lurked around the LV forum just to see what was going on.

One day I saw a red epi speedy and thought "Hmmm." Then I read about how how well epi leather wears and I thought "Hmmmm", again. Then I went to the LV store for the first time and bought a red epi speedy, groom cles and groom wallet. Now I go "Oohhhh" and "Ahhhhh" whenever I see a great LV handbag!!

I can't ever see my life again with an LV cles or handbag. And I have to say until I got my speedy I was a shoulder bag girl but I just love that little hand-held speedy to death!

Although I only got my first LV a month ago, my love affair began in September 1987. I was a Coach girl...I liked nice handbags, but had never heard of LV. In my first week living in the college dorms, I met someone with an LV bag -- she lived next door to me. (She was your typical '80's girl, with the big hair, gold jewelry etc.) The moment I saw her handbag I fell in love with it. I'd never seen one before, I didn't know what brand it was, it just looked practical and stylish. She always looked so put together. While the rest of us in our dorm suite ran around in jeans and sweats, she wore skirts daily -- usually to the knee, oftentimes with tights...always looked great. Looking at her clothes and her shiny red sportscar, it was clear she came from a family with some money BUT she wasn't pretentious at all. She was confident in herself, and never treated anyone differently -- she didn't bat an eye about going to the dining hall with the rest of us in scrubby clothes or flannel pj's even though she looked straight out of the pages of a fashion magazine. She was just a person you could admire. We lived in the same suite (but different dorm rooms) for several years and although we didn't hang out much, over time I realized people treated her differently due to jealousy -- I know it bothered her deep down, but she never let it show. She exuded confidence with every fiber of her being...she was an honest and loyal person who never felt the need to try too hard. Still today thinking back about her, I still admire her. She was a lot different than me...I wasn't as confident in my own skin, I was a bit pretentious and judgemental. She was everything I wished I could be more like.

I didn't want to copy her by getting the same bag, but I kept an eye out for them every time I went shopping. I had no idea you couldn't just get them in any dept store...I looked at stores everywhere for years (LOL). I never forgot her beautiful, stylish bag. Then a few years ago I discovered eLux and found the sought after LV bags. I kept meaning to get one but never got around to it. Finally last month I told DH I'd been wanting one of these bags since 1987 and I was just going to get one. He said ok, the rest is history.

Now that almost 20 years have passed since I first laid eyes on that LV, I now possess some of those traits that I admired so much in my college dorm neighbor -- honesty, loyalty, and finally I am comfortable in my own skin.

Its so interesting to read all your stories. Here is mine but its a sad one :smile:

I fell for the LV epi range in the late 80s/early 90s (if my memory serves me correctly). However, I didn't have any money so I never purchased anything.

The years rolled on, I went to uni, got a job, but I was too intimidated to go to a LV boutique and I also thought anything from LV would be too hideously expensive. I had a nice disposable income but I didn't get a thing :- (

Now I am a sahm, two kids and you guessed it I STILL don't have any LV.

So this is my sad tale... boo hoo sob sob

And now I'm a part of this community I want an epi bag more than ever!!!! :smile:

I was a freshman in high school and a bunch of girls i knew (who were older) had the graffiti pochettes (along with regular pochettes)...this was 2002 i think...

anyway they were probably fake (some were real im sure though, i went to an affluent high school), but i always thought the Ls and Vs crossed looked like really weird Xs (silly me!).

fast forward a couple years, i loved prada and the fabulousness of black nylon, and then i bought my first LV wallet, a mono glace pocket organizer, and the rest is history...

Very nice story, thanks for sharing!! :biggrin:
I used to be a Gucci girl too, like someone already used to in some previous comments. I didn't like LV at all. Then one year ago I saw IRL some pieces of black MC in the windows' of Milan store, it was during a small pleasure (shopping LOL) holiday, so I started to change my mind. But I didn't feel like to buy one. Then last Xmas my grandfather gave a Speedy 25 to my grandmother as a Xmas gift. I was so in love with that bag!!! My grandmother didn't appreciate it that much as she doesn't find comfortable hand-bags, she prefers shoulder bag. So this year she wanted to surprise me and gave me her bag as a gift - that's, in truth, the only piece of LV I have, but I started to check the website and this forum and now I'm in love with many models :smile: My love for Chanel started last year in december and incrised so much thanks to this forum that I'm going to get soon my first bag, I'm so excited!!!! :biggrin:

Just want to comment that I love that there are no age barriers...a LV for a toddler, LV's for high school aged girls, college aged...20-somethings, 30-somethings, 40-somethings, 50-somethings...even grandmothers. Never out of date, no matter what your age!

Hi! As a teenager, I remember that my best friend's mom had a Speedy but I thought that the brown color and all of the LVs were ugly! Never gave LV much thought until about 3 or 4 years ago when one of my co-worker's had a fake Papillon. It actually was a pretty good replica, but that peaked my interest in researching real Papillons.

I started obsessing about Papillons by cutting out the magazine adds for LVs. Then, I finally went to LV in San Francisco Union Square to purchase my first LV Papillon 30 (love the little accessory pouch). Bought it, came home, and then went back the next day to another LV and exchanged it for a Cabas Piano which I thought would be more useful. So my first LV purchase was in my mid-thirties - took me a while but I finally joined the LV club.

Since the Cabas Piano, I have now acquired 3 Speedys, Batignolles Horizontal, Deauville, Pochette, 3 wallets, 4 accessory bags, keychain extender, keychain fob, the LV book, catalogs, and two inclusion bracelets! I also bought and sold an Alma and a Trouville to co-workers - they both got GREAT deals from me! I'm too nice!

I've also found a great SA / store to purchase LVs from (it's nice to walk into my favorite LV store and all of the SAs know my name and say hello!), and have gone to a couple of parties. I can also spot a fake a mile away! They should give degrees in LV - I think I would have a Masters at this point!!!

Oh, and the good news is that my co-worker who bought the fake LV sold it and now only buys real LVs and other high-end purses!

Anyways, I love LV and can't wait for new styles to come out.... I check LV, and e-luxury on a daily basis to see what's arriving....

So.... that's my LV story!

I got my first LV bag when I was 16. It was a beautiful Leonor multicolour leather bag that costs like thousands of dollars. Now I'm having a collection of purses from LV, Coach, Gucci, YSL. Hopefully my boyfriend will get a hint and buy me a Versace this Christmas. Then a Jimmy Choo for Valentine's, then a Chanel for our one year anniversary....lol

Well, I never stepped into a LV store until this year. But since I was 19, I wanted a LV, I'm 29, and so 10 years later I bought my first LV purse. And now I want more LV, especially accessories, a wallet, agenda. I still find it intimidating walking into a LV store. But I find a nice SA does come and helps me. So its becoming less intimidating for me. :shame:

i've always loved purses but LV just grew on me the past 2 months. my bags of choice were either gucci, dior or chanel. i also started late collecting designer handbags (started a year ago when i was about to turn 31).

in october of this year, i went inside an lv store here in hk just to browse. theSA was so helpful and so i was encouraged to try on some bags. that day, i bought my first lv piece- a mono speedy 30. then just last month, i bought 2 azur pieces (pochette and cles).

lv is a timeless, classic brand that will never go out of style IMO. now i'm plotting my future purchases :graucho: (which include but are not limited to: a damier azur noe or speedy 25, a damier alma and a bh in mono). service is another thing i love about lv. my SA here in hk is a sweet lady who never made me feel intimidated even when i was just browsing. i :heart: lv!!!!