How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
All the reasons bolded below supports the argument that masks should continue to be recommended/required regardless of vaccination status. There are areas with high numbers of anti-maskers who will take advantage of the relaxed mask rules. There's no way to prove vax status other than bringing your card everywhere, but who will enforce this? Couple that with the fact that they've been saying for months that being vaccinated does not guarantee you won't become infected PLUS all the new variants PLUS kids under 12 are still vulnerable until a vax is approved for them.

This new CDC statment is going to be a nightmare for stores and the people who work there. How can any mask policy be enforced now? All those people who don't want to be vaccinated will now act as if they have been vaccinated so they don't need to mask up. As you say a true ish show.

The NY Times ran a story about how they surveyed over 700 academic epidemiologists and most said that people should continue to mask for at least the next year. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/upshot/epidemiologists-coronavirus-masks.html
So 8 members of the Yankees now have it, 1 player and 7 staffed. News flash - they were fully vaccinated, with one shot J&J - administered April 7
So? The vaccines are not a 100% guarantee against catching Covid. No one’s ever claimed that, but they should prevent serious illness in those people that do catch it as well as protecting the majority of the vaccinated popn from catching it.

I don't see how it could be legal to require vaccinations to enter a public place. Possibly a private business might be able to, but then you might be able to make a case for discrimination.
CUNY and SUNY are requiring vaccinations.
Hospitals are requiring vax.
Only exceptions would be religious and medical.
Not on the federal levels, yet

I don't see how it could be legal to require vaccinations to enter a public place. Possibly a private business might be able to, but then you might be able to make a case for discrimination.

I wonder if we might get to a place where a good deal of current adults are vaccinated, then it becomes treated like a flu vaccine... take it if you want or don't but even if you don't it won't spread like wildfire because most will still be vaccinated. I don't think COVID is seen at the same level to be treated like polio or TB with required vaccinations for children but I could be wrong.

Reactions: limom and whateve
Partially vaccinated Canadians can socialize outside this summer. (CBC) :lol:
:lol: we’ve been doing that for the last 15 months in BC.
Ontario isn’t “Canada” :lol:
“Public health officials say Canadians will be able to enjoy more outdoor activities - like drinks on a patio - once they’ve received first doses of a Covid vaccine.... After reaching that 75% milestone (percentage of adults vaccinated with at least one dose), she said, Canadians can safely enjoy camping, hiking, picnics, small backyard BBQs and drinks on a patio” - CBC
We’ve been eating indoors since last June, until the provincial health officer shut it down in April for (maybe 5-6 weeks). We had dinner on a restaurant patio last weekend. Everybody was camping, hiking, eating inside, having outdoor BBQs, vacationing throughout the province all summer last year and NO ONE was vaccinated. There was no vaccine.
How is that strict lockdown in Ontario going, by the way? Numbers down?

:lol: we’ve been doing that for the last 15 months in BC.
Ontario isn’t “Canada” :lol:
“Public health officials say Canadians will be able to enjoy more outdoor activities - like drinks on a patio - once they’ve received first doses of a Covid vaccine.... After reaching that 75% milestone (percentage of adults vaccinated with at least one dose), she said, Canadians can safely enjoy camping, hiking, picnics, small backyard BBQs and drinks on a patio” - CBC
We’ve been eating indoors since last June, until the provincial health officer shut it down in April for (maybe 5-6 weeks). We had dinner on a restaurant patio last weekend. Everybody was camping, hiking, eating inside, having outdoor BBQs, vacationing throughout the province all summer last year and NO ONE was vaccinated. There was no vaccine.
How is that strict lockdown in Ontario going, by the way? Numbers down?
We are coming down from a record breaking third wave that includes more dangerous variants. The lockdown has been extended until June 2. Everything is closed. :crybaby:

Here in the UK they've reduced the interval between the 2 jabs from up to 12 weeks to 8 weeks - tptb are slightly concerned about an Indian variant, so now trying to get those first jab people fully vaccinated with the 2nd dose sooner. (Mind you, myself and other people I'm aware of, got their 2nd jab at 9 weeks before todays announcement - I guess that might have something to do with supply/availability?)

I’m off of work today but from what I’ve gathered from FB groups is that they will no longer require customers who’ve been vaccinated to wear masks. Employees who are vaccinated can sign a waiver to go mask free, how they will not be required to provide proof of vaccination. So basically we’re relying on the honor system lmao. Ironically if I call in to work from having side effects from the vaccine I need to show my vaccine card to prove that I had it and to get paid for it. Still going to wear a mask probably though the end of the year.

That may be so but the countries running these trials are the ones spreading out the doses, and may have a vested interest in these results. The manufacturers still recommend the three to four week interval. If spreading out the doses was deemed in our best interest why are they giving some doses at three to four week for some ‘at risk’ people. Anyway we are all entitled to our opinions, and that is mine.:smile:
Feel free I will follow the scientists and experts

Here in the UK they've reduced the interval between the 2 jabs from up to 12 weeks to 8 weeks - tptb are slightly concerned about an Indian variant, so now trying to get those first jab people fully vaccinated with the 2nd dose sooner. (Mind you, myself and other people I'm aware of, got their 2nd jab at 9 weeks before todays announcement - I guess that might have something to do with supply/availability?)

Whitty is very concerned the Indian variant will replace
the Kent one by June and we will be in the next wave - Vallance wouldn’t even attend the press conference tonight -it’s pretty clear Whitty and Vallance wanted Boris to do a u turn on Mondays easing measures but he has refused - like he ignored them in sept and nov last year and tens of thousands died because of it

I've heard about the UK, South African, and Indian variants but why isn't there an American variant? Or is there and I just don't know? :huh:
There have been 3 a New York one and two California the latter two share one spike mutation with the Indian one - L452 the Indian one has a double mutation as it has L452 and the E484 mutation that’s in the Brazil and s Africa ones it’s a real nasty one!! Both mutations evade
Vaccines