How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
I wish I had a better article to share. :sad:

The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

Will an effective vaccine not eventually stop the circulation. Other vaccines have been effective in doing this. Even with people refusing the vaccine if most people get it the numbers infected won’t be able to pass it on to the vaccinated. The numbers contacted would be small and manageable and the bulk of people would be protected. Viruses never go away but people are vaccinated against them.

Yes, I meant there are more cases, but the hospitalisation and fatality rates are much much lower than in the Spring, meaning that the virus is right now weaker. It remains to be seen whether it will stay weaker in Winter, or become more potent again...

Doctors and scientists are also learning more about how best to treat symptoms which is helping to lower fatalities.

Yes, I meant there are more cases, but the hospitalisation and fatality rates are much much lower than in the Spring, meaning that the virus is right now weaker. It remains to be seen whether it will stay weaker in Winter, or become more potent again...

True about Spain, but to be honest, in Spain everybody and their grandmother is getting tested (which is also the reason why it looks like more younger people get it), whereas I do not trust the numbers of Italy, for example, at all.
I don’t think you can assume that the virus is “weaker” based on lower hospitalizations and fatalities. There are other factors at play, including improved knowledge about how to medically manage this virus, the demographics of the people currently infected, and viral dose causing infections (potentially lower due to mitigation measures such as masking and due to the summer season when more people have windows open and spend time outdoors/heat/uv). The virus would have to mutate to become weaker or stronger. So far they haven’t talked about a major new mutation since the last one.

More bad news. The number of Covid cases in the United States surpasses five million.

This number was quite devastating to hear.. Also the expected deaths by November was also
staggering to hear.
Still wishing & hoping people would be wearing masks social distance, not go into large groups
This is a devastating killer virus & we are all in this together & we can make a difference with wearing
a mask..
The vaccine will not be likely be here reportedly til early spring of 2021....
We need more than prayers , we need for all to take this seriously... it is overwhelming to have a loved one pass
or a loved one sick with severe symptoms

I don’t think you can assume that the virus is “weaker” based on lower hospitalizations and fatalities. There are other factors at play, including improved knowledge about how to medically manage this virus, the demographics of the people currently infected, and viral dose causing infections (potentially lower due to mitigation measures such as masking and due to the summer season when more people have windows open and spend time outdoors/heat/uv). The virus would have to mutate to become weaker or stronger. So far they haven’t talked about a major new mutation since the last one.
Thank you! I was baffled why no one is factoring in the lasting effects of covid such as permanent organ damage or CFS?

Well, I meant it is weaker because of overall causing less harm. What the reasons are is the question, and who knows... Viral load seems to make a difference. There is that study measuring how UV rays significantly weaken the potencie of the virus, which would suggest a seasonal effect. Treatments could contribute to the fall in mortality but not to the fewer hospitalizations. More testing means more people without symptoms identified... We can’t assume anything, just wish. I am personally worried about Winter and flue season but hopeful that somehow the virulence will go down because, there is only hope.

Reactions: 880 and Chagall
Has anyone else gotten super lazy with your appearance? I used to enjoy mornings of putting makeup on and getting ready. Now I don’t get dressed several days a week. I put makeup on about twice a week.

I tried Stitch Fix and ThredUp good boxes recently. They sent some decent clothes. I kept a few things and have realized I have no where to wear them. I have no need for new clothes, except maybe lounge wear.

Life is so blah.

This number was quite devastating to hear.. Also the expected deaths by November was also
staggering to hear.
Still wishing & hoping people would be wearing masks social distance, not go into large groups
This is a devastating killer virus & we are all in this together & we can make a difference with wearing
a mask..
The vaccine will not be likely be here reportedly til early spring of 2021....
We need more than prayers , we need for all to take this seriously... it is overwhelming to have a loved one pass
or a loved one sick with severe symptoms
You would think that Herman Cain’s death would make a difference. Nope, people are blaming his death on Cancer. Never mind that he was a long time survivor.
I think some people are just stupid at this point. Thank god, I live in New York.

Has anyone else gotten super lazy with your appearance? I used to enjoy mornings of putting makeup on and getting ready. Now I don’t get dressed several days a week. I put makeup on about twice a week.

I tried Stitch Fix and ThredUp good boxes recently. They sent some decent clothes. I kept a few things and have realized I have no where to wear them. I have no need for new clothes, except maybe lounge wear.

Life is so blah.
The makeup thing is a plus for me. Now I just do my eyes and brows in a couple of min and I’m ready to go out! I wonder if cosmetic companies are suffering from low sales in blush, lipstick, foundation, etc.