How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
A COVID shot every year? Johnson & Johnson's CEO says Americans will need to be vaccinated every season for the next several years if the virus keeps mutating
'Unfortunately, as [the virus] spreads it can also mutate,' Gorsky told CNBC's Meg Tirrell during a Healthy Returns Spotlight event.

'Every time it mutates, it's almost like another click of the dial so to speak where we can see another variant, another mutation that can have an impact on its ability to fend off antibodies or to have a different kind of response not only to a therapeutic but also to a vaccine.'

Public health experts have stated that they believe COVID-19 is going to become an endemic disease.

This means it will always present in the population but circulating at low rates.

the new normal!:sad:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcaldwell190
@Chanbal Every time it mutates, it's almost like another click of the dial so to speak where we can see another variant, another mutation that can have an impact on its ability to fend off antibodies or to have a different kind of response not only to a therapeutic but also to a vaccine.' I think this did at least over a high number already. Seems like this is going to be like a yearly vaccination like a flu shot for the future.

Just received this email that this state is starting covid vaccinations for people with preexisting conditions and my goodness the list of medical conditions is mind boggling there's no age restrictions and I swear this was my expression reading this email. Don't laugh. :lol:View attachment 4985293View attachment 4985294View attachment 4985296
I wonder if they will ask for any proof you have one of these conditions. What would you show for proof? I can imagine that people would lie just to get the shot earlier. I can also imagine there are people like me who don't really have proof they suffer from asthma as I'm not currently under a doctor's care for it but I do have an inhaler. My daughter has fibromyalgia and gets sick really easily but I don't see that on the list. I was hoping she would qualify for early vaccination (she isn't in NYS.)

Reactions: Mcaldwell190
I wonder if they will ask for any proof you have one of these conditions. What would you show for proof? I can imagine that people would lie just to get the shot earlier. I can also imagine there are people like me who don't really have proof they suffer from asthma as I'm not currently under a doctor's care for it but I do have an inhaler. My daughter has fibromyalgia and gets sick really easily but I don't see that on the list. I was hoping she would qualify for early vaccination (she isn't in NYS.)
The full email I didn't post is they have your medical information because you was a patient so you would have already listed or was diagnosed with a preexisting condition. The medical condition list is much longer than what I posted which had me looking quite confused. The other part showed various job titles besides first responders and what group they fell into to get the vaccination.

Reactions: whateve
A COVID shot every year? Johnson & Johnson's CEO says Americans will need to be vaccinated every season for the next several years if the virus keeps mutating
'Unfortunately, as [the virus] spreads it can also mutate,' Gorsky told CNBC's Meg Tirrell during a Healthy Returns Spotlight event.

'Every time it mutates, it's almost like another click of the dial so to speak where we can see another variant, another mutation that can have an impact on its ability to fend off antibodies or to have a different kind of response not only to a therapeutic but also to a vaccine.'

Public health experts have stated that they believe COVID-19 is going to become an endemic disease.

This means it will always present in the population but circulating at low rates.

the new normal!:sad:
But we have known this since the start not new news - on the UK we seem to be on our third home grown variant now - the Kent sept 2020 and now the Bristol and Manchester/ Liverpool variants each worse than the last - current vaccines work on the Kent but possibly not the other two sigh - yea this is the new normal - flu changes every year and the flu jab changes to react - covid will be the same abs is here for my lifetime

But we have known this since the start not new news - on the UK we seem to be on our third home grown variant now - the Kent sept 2020 and now the Bristol and Manchester/ Liverpool variants each worse than the last - current vaccines work on the Kent but possibly not the other two sigh - yea this is the new normal - flu changes every year and the flu jab changes to react - covid will be the same abs is here for my lifetime
I know, new mutations will keep occurring as long as we keep infecting each other. This 'new normal' with kids dying from this damned virus is pretty scary. I'm afraid this pandemic could be even worse than the Spanish flu.

"According Bloomberg’s “Vaccine Tracker” database, which that has documented every shot given around the world so far, it will take the world as a whole seven years to return to normal at current vaccination pace."

I found these 2 articles interesting, so I'm posting them here. Wishing you all a healthy day!

THE TWO PANDEMICS

When Will the Pandemic End?

I know, new mutations will keep occurring as long as we keep infecting each other. This 'new normal' with kids dying from this damned virus is pretty scary. I'm afraid this pandemic could be even worse than the Spanish flu.

"According Bloomberg’s “Vaccine Tracker” database, which that has documented every shot given around the world so far, it will take the world as a whole seven years to return to normal at current vaccination pace."

I found these 2 articles interesting, so I'm posting them here. Wishing you all a healthy day!

THE TWO PANDEMICS

When Will the Pandemic End?
The Oxford vaccine is being made available to low and middle income countries at no profit US vaccine companies need to follow their example none of us are safe until the world is vaccinated

Queen had postponed their tour one year, and now they just announced they have postponed it one more year! So now the dates have been changed to 2022, approximately 2 years later from the original dates!

That makes sense. Better to call it now then to wait and disappoint fans by canceling when the dates are closer. Those guys are getting up in age too (except for Adam) and they are at high risk. Brian May had a heart attack last year and I'm sure he has to be especially careful. I expect we'll see other events that will have to postpone/cancel as the year goes along.

Reactions: etudes and arnott
Queen had postponed their tour one year, and now they just announced they have postponed it one more year! So now the dates have been changed to 2022, approximately 2 years later from the original dates!

I had two concerts canceled last year one they automatically refunded (lady Gaga jazz show) the other was postponed to this year in September (Alanis Morissette) they offered refunds for those who wanted them. I have kept them so far because I want to see her and the other groups that were scheduled. However when talking with my SIL about it I’m not very optimistic about the show still happening. I’m even somewhat hesitant to even request the time off of work knowing it might just be another staycation. The venue is a outside venue so that might play a roll in it still happening. I can’t imagine the people who normally do this kind of work feeling super comfortable about traveling that much.

I wonder if they will ask for any proof you have one of these conditions.
In Central Texas, it is an honor system. They don't even ask for ID. As long as you show them your phone with appointment confirmation you are good to go. You fill out forms saying you don't have Covid, wait, get called up for the vaccine, get your card, make your 2nd shot appointment, wait 15 minutes to se if you have a reaction then leave. I think it is illegal for them to ask for proof.

Reactions: etudes and whateve
In Central Texas, it is an honor system. They don't even ask for ID. As long as you show them your phone with appointment confirmation you are good to go. You fill out forms saying you don't have Covid, wait, get called up for the vaccine, get your card, make your 2nd shot appointment, wait 15 minutes to se if you have a reaction then leave. I think it is illegal for them to ask for proof.
I was surprised that in California we had to show ID to get our first shot. And signing up on the county's website, we had to give a lot of personal information, including mother's maiden name! I get my second shot on Saturday so I'll see if they still request ID. We had copies of our appointments ready the first time but they weren't interested in seeing those.