How fragile are the quilted bags?

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
I'm just wondering because I saw a girl leave the metro and her bag was really beaten up by the corners. I think it's a classic of some sort as the chain had fabric going through it and it was the regular diamond pattern. Kinda burgundy red but like I said the corners were so beaten that I saw the black leather underneath. Is this normal wear & tear or just a totally abused bag? And does this mean that the classics or reissues cannot be used as a daily workhorse.

Sorry to sound so naive but I'm totally new to the brand and am now wondering if I just blew away a couple of grand for naught. TIA!

yar, guess that might have been a lambskin but well, leather is afterall biodegradeable stuff so guess it will happen eventually esp if the bag has been used frequently and for some time.....

That is a concern of mine as well. As beautiful as they are, I never got around to buying a lambskin bag because I have seen several at consignment stores in my city, and they were being sold at a high price, but looked so abused and had a funny odor, poor things. :sad:

But maybe it is about how you treat them, as I have also seen pics of older lambskin flaps posted by tPFers that still look super. :yes: Does anyone have experience w/ older flaps that can advise?

Some people are very rough on their bags without realizing it, I see many women shopping and hitting their bags into everything. That will totally abuse the corners, just letting it hit into stuff. I am very careful of my bags (as I think most of here are). Some people just can't help it! :yes: