How far would you drive to an outlet for a non specific shopping expedition?

The closest outlet to me is 45min-1 hour and I go there all the time. Before they opened Allen, I would take a round trip every year to go to San Marcos or Round Rock for the day with friends and one time I flew there, rented a car, hit up both outlets, spent the night in Austin and flew back the next day. I would have to admit my best trip was when I drove alone to Round Rock for the day. It is about 3 hours each way and it was the best because I was on my own time and did not have to worry about anybody or anything else. I plan on going to Allen tomorrow and luckily the gas stations in the city that I live in are having a little gas war so I am able to get gas for $3.09 and I can refill my tank after the drive tomorrow.

This is off topic, but.... $3.09??? What city is this?! The lowest is $3.35 where I'm at, and slowly coming down.

This is off topic, but.... $3.09??? What city is this?! The lowest is $3.35 where I'm at, and slowly coming down.

OT too, but our lowest gas price is 3.71...:wtf:

Anyhow, back to the topic...I have driven 2 hours each way to the outlet without anything specific in mind. Just had my tunes, my cc, and my determination...and it was just me, myself and I...and I had a great time :tup:

My closest outlet is 1.5-2 hours away, depending on traffic and about once a month DH and I have gone just to go and see what there is to see. So I'd say 2 hours is within reason, for me anyways.

My nearest coach anything is an hour and a half away. I've never been on a mission when heading over to the outlet but I still go. Of course I also have to hit the other outlets as well. I'm very seriously considering making that trip this Saturday but we'll have to see how the week goes.

I usually grab my mom and we go to our nearest one that's about 45 mins away. It's great girl time and we usually grab something to eat while out and about. We always come back with a Coach something or other, even if we aren't looking for anything in particular. We just love to go and look at all the goodies!

If there is nothing specific it is just when we go to the coast, but it is a 3.5 hour drive to the nearest. Soince I joined the forum I try not to go unless I know there is some good stuff, there has been times where we have gone and there is nothing. Boy does that make me :cursing:

omg, i drove 2 hours to my nearest outlet last week :smile: I do it ever once in a while, ok arround once or twice a month. I drive for 2 hours, go to coach shopping and dinner, then back home :smile: Dedication, huh?! And my hubby even comes with me once in a while :smile: I do feel somewhat crazy about that, but its a passion.... or obsession? Can't decide lol.

my outlet takes about 45 minutes to get to.

we drove from Glenview, IL to Michigan City, IN to go to the outlet. I think it was an hour and 45 min (maybe less...I don't remember). I got an awesome bag, so it was worth it. (and it was a holiday weekend so there were lots of sales)

the closest one to me is 5 hours away, too far and with two toddlers, cann't go these days. I only make outlet trip once or twice a year during holiday season. But my aunt is 5 minutes from the outlet. She goes there every day during lunch time. she is my outlet shopper

My nearest outlet mall (Allen) is three hours away. I usually go twice a year, and at least one of those trips is by myself. I love outlet shopping with no one around to look disapprovingly at my spending habits! I don't go just for Coach, but I definitely have to go there first.

If an outlet was only one or two hours away, I'd probably go every month or two. Maybe someday...

As many of the MA ladies know, we have 5 outlets within a 2 1/2 hour radius and I have driven that with nothing in particular in mind to get. Of course this was way before the gas prices shot through the roof but it was a great ride...just me, the ipod, and the anticipation of what I may find!!