How far is your commute to work?

About 10 minutes on the cable car in the mornings.

20 minutes home on the bus. I'd take the cable car at night but the bus runs more frequently so I always wind up taking it instead.

Right now it's an hour and a half each way...sometimes shorter if I work out at the company gym after work and kill some time until traffic has died down.

It wouldn't be so long if the Illinois Tollway would stop doing so much darn construction! It's orange cones and signs all the freaking time! :cursing:

I'm assuming you don't live in LA, because like Beljwl says, it takes forever to get anywhere here if you're driving, even if it's near your house! I don't currently have a commute, but 18 miles doesn't sound too bad! I hope your new job works out well.

I did 3 hours a day (90 min each way) for many years. Now my commute is 8 seconds! I now telecommute so I walk up the stairs to my office and I am at work.

Right now it's an hour and a half each way...sometimes shorter if I work out at the company gym after work and kill some time until traffic has died down.

It wouldn't be so long if the Illinois Tollway would stop doing so much darn construction! It's orange cones and signs all the freaking time! :cursing:

Lol- do they EVER stop road construction in the Chicago and surrounding areas? I swear it's all tore up every single time I drive there no matter how many years fall between visits.

Oh, and of course I forgot to address the op- I do most of my R&D in a converted 3 car garage behind my house- it's about a 10 second commute and I love it. However I used to drive about 45 minutes.

I would think working at a hospital you would have a lot of variety in the shifts you work- that can have a huge impact on the time/stress of your commute. Good luck in the new job. :smile:

Ryan

Try it out for a few weeks. If you don't like it, find another job. It's not like you are limited since you DO have skills and experience. At the end of the day, it's about the job. The commute takes approx. an hour in your day while you're at your job for way longer than that. Would you rather travel further for a job you enjoy, or travel a stone's throw to something you don't enjoy as much? That's the question when it comes down to it. If it's a worthwhile job, I wouldn't worry so much about the commute. 18 miles doesn't sound that bad in my opinion.

And it takes me about 15-25 minutes to get to work.

dizzit---do we work together? ahahhaa...i work for a pharmacy also.

i deal with that same old yelling,complaining, crying when u tell them they reached coverage gaps, and eevrything in between

sheesh.

im at work right now and an old lady just hung up on me because she was asking for Fosamax Plus D but she only had an rx on her acct for regular Fosamax. sheesh. Told her she needs a new rx from her md and she got mad.

lol wow I am also work in he pharmacy part time while I am in Nursing school. Yes I agree I have people yell at me, threaten me, curse me out, and want something in there profile thats not in there.. My job is about 3-5 min away from my home thats a biggg advantage. I dont like traveling farther unless its a higher pay.