How does your man/family react to your Coach addiction?

My DH is very supportive! He will even ask me are there any new bags out? Or my favorite So have you shown the new stuff I got you to your friends on that purse forum :roflmfao:! He's great! He always goes with me to look at the bags and he will give me his opinion. Which I find soo funny because if you saw the way my DH looks you would never expect that from him LOL! I guess I lucked out big time with him! :heart:

I'm very fortunate, my husband is very supportive of my Coach "habit". He gets a kick out of my love of handbags ( doesn't necessarily understand it) but thinks it's funny. He knows I use common sense about buying, I never overspend. I pay my own bills and use my own income to support my habit, so it's not like he bears any of the burden on his credit card or anything like that. I guess he knows if it wasn't Coach, it would be something else, and at least with Coach, I am investing in quality and something that I will have for a long time. I guess if my money was needed for our household, it would be a different story. My daughters are grown, so our only dependent is a little black Schnauzer named Ivy. :rolleyes:

he thinks it's kinda crazy and he's made it clear he'll only buy me an accessory for Vday and a bag on my birthday and when have children LOL - no more! He thinks my make up addiction is enough (and cheaper)

He understands perfectly because he has his own obscessions. I think mine ae worse with my need for the latest gadgets AND designer bags, but he never gives me crap about it. =)

My husband bought me my first Coach bag over 20 years ago, so its all his fault!!! Hes a great guy - he works, Im a SAHM and I take care of EVERYTHING for him/kids/house/etc so he thinks I deserve to get everything that I want. Plus its always so easy for him to get me gifts for the holidays - I usually just pick up what he's giving me, leave it in his office in the Coach shopping bag, all boxed up and tied w/a bow and he's done! Plus, between his guitar collection (like Admat's DH!) and his 1967 convertible, he is always buying something for one of those hobbies. We made a deal a while ago that whenever he gets a new guitar, I get a new bag. When he bought the car, I got several bags plus accessories!

My husband thinks im kinda crazy for being crazy over handbags, but it doesn't bother him. Just the other day he said, by the time the kids are in college we'll sell my handbags to pay there tuition! He is the same way w/speakers, ie. electronics etc..
He likes to have a couple drinks w/the guys after work once a week, and that is a really good time to call him (heehee) and whine about a new purse!

My DH is a total enabler! He encourages me to by coach because I think it makes him feel less guilty about his expensive hobbies and collections. I travel alot with my job and sometimes my DH goes with me. One time we were in a mall and I wasn't even thinking about buying any bags (I was thinking about clothes) and then he gets all excited and points out the coach store. I ended up buying more coach and nothing else. I think I spend less when he is not with me. :girlsigh:
Carley

He's ok with it. He actually enables me. My SO tries to get me to understand that my Coach addiction is the same as his eyeglasses and watch addiction! I keep telling him it's not the same because I don't drag him to Coach with me like he does with the glasses and watches but he doesn't agree. I just look online and TPF all the time. Totally different!

My mom TOTALLY doesn't understand it!

Oh well. Her bad!

@ my house it goes like this...

him: what kind of bag is that?

me: hmm?

me: what do you think?

him: coach.

me: yup.

him: when did you get it?

me: what?

me: What? I can't hear you come closer.:shame:

him: nevermind.:cursing:

One of my SIL's wants me to keep buying cuz she is just waiting for me to get rid of my purses so she can have them.........fat chance. :nogood:

Haha, my cousin is the exact same way. SHe told me she would glady take any bag off my hands except the "ugly blue one" (which is a hamptons nylon tote from the outlets that I wouldn't part with anyway, such a great bag for field trip and going to not so clean places, but anyway:P).

@ my house it goes like this...

me: hmm?

me: what do you think?

him: coach.

me: yup.

me: what?

me: What? I can't hear you come closer.:shame:

him: nevermind.:cursing:

Too funny, freckled! I have been trying not to mention my purchases, but my BF is currently working from home so he gets the mail and deliveries so he always knows when I get a package! Argh! Whats a girl to do?! :s

My husband has always been supportive. Even if he doesn't completely get it. My parents thought I was crazy at first. Then I got my mom addicted so she understands. Most shocking is that even my dad gets it a little bit. He has helped my mom shop for bags for me at the outlet. They have called me while they were there. It is so funny to hear my dad talking in the background about what bag I would like. At first when my dad saw my new bags he would just look and say, "that's nice." Now he looks at all the details and leather and comments on them. It's nice to have my family's support!