How does the RM Nikki make your shoulder feel (?)

Feb 5, 2008
I did a search and couldn't find much on this topic but I was wondering, how do you Minkettes feel about the weight of the Nikki? I have a Wine Nikki and I :heart: it to pieces. But whenever I use her, I feel like she's SO HEAVY on my shoulder. I wouldn't take her out shopping with me because all the times I did, it gave me shoulderaches at the end of the day.

I asked my bff (lovelydays) last night "hey, do you like the RM Wine Nikki I got you?" and she said she loves it, but I later asked her about how she HONESTLY felt about the weight of it. She replied "well, it is a big bag and sometimes it does get in the way but I agree, it is a bit heavy".

So I'm wondering, is lovelydays and I the only ones who feel that the RM Nikki is too heavy? OR maybe she and I just carry too much stuff? :Push:

For me it depends what I have in the bag. If I load it down then yes, it's heavy. But otherwise I don't think it's especially heavy.
I also think the leather matters too, b/c my Concord Nikki is especially light where as Choc. is not.

I do think that there's a slight difference between the different leathers -- some thicker, glazed, thin & light, etc. -- plus it's all relative. One way to tell if your nikki is heavier is to compare it with your other bags (all empty). I only have one nikki, the purple patent, and I think it's light. Now, my wine mattie, on the other hand, feels heavy.

I no longer have my wine nikki, however it never hurt my shoulder when I used it! My BBW MAB was 10x heavier it seemed like to me! Do you feel the difference between your Nikki and your MAB/MAM's?

I agree. . . just depends on the leather. My Navy Luxe is like wearing nothing, but my Wine Nikki can be a bit heavy. For a big bag, I still think it's one of the most comfortable I've used.

For me it depends what I have in the bag. If I load it down then yes, it's heavy. But otherwise I don't think it's especially heavy.
I also think the leather matters too, b/c my Concord Nikki is especially light where as Choc. is not.

I thought the Chocolate was one of the lighter leathers, it's not? I pre-ordered Chocolate. . .

The weight of the nikki does make me a bit nervous, I'm just getting into bigger bags but the shape and style is just TDF. I've decided I must have one and soon! Gold on Chocolate sounds delicious!