how do you unwind?

Aarti, sorry to hear about what you are going through. Perhaps you should just close your eyes and think of Joe Cole :smile: Or will that have the opposite effect and make your blood pressure go up or something?

Indulging my sense of humour - that's how I destress. :smile:

Ugg....stress! Yes, I am sure we all have some of it. I run (think Pheobe from friends with arms flailing all over), clean/rearrange my fish tank (something about playing in the water), and sewing (love to break out my sewing machine and go nuts, I keep a basket of random fabrics for just those moments!)

Breath in.......breath out!!

an hour or two long bubble bath with a trashy romance novel lol i'll stay in forever... or i'll watch SATC nothing to get your mind cleared like some fashion and drama or if i want to be with people i usually look for local street fairs or concerts :party:

*I love to open up the french doors to the backyard, put on some relaxing music (classical or something along the lines of Sarah Brightman or Lucia Micarelli), dim the lights and pour myself some wine. I'll hang outside, or inside, depending on my mood. If it's winter, then there's usually a fire going in the fireplace.

*shopping for makeup (at my height, shoe & clothes shopping can put me in a deeper funk.)

*driving on Ocean Parkway (highway along the Atlantic Ocean.)

*hitting the bookstore (I'm a magazine whore.)

Some of the things I do to unwind are:
* call my parents and chew the fat with them
* hop into bed and read a lighthearted book or magazine
* go for a ride on my motorcycle
* play a game of fetch with my dogs
* spend time with my three birds - they always make me smile
* drink a cup of hot chocolate and have a few cookies
* log onto tPF and chat with you guys
* take the dogs for a walk
* sit out on the deck and listen to music

AARTI~ sorry to hear that you're under soo much stress!

When I am in a similar situation, I prefer to unwind by myself. I usually would take a long drive along the coast, blasting my favorite music, and sing along (and yes bust out some moves while I am at it) during the day.

Yoga & Swimming also relaxes me.

Hope this helps!