How do you take care of your Louboutins??

im going to let you guys in on a little secret of mines..
my cousin is a painter and he makes this weird concoction of
paint concealer/gloss thingamajigger spray...
i just ask him to pour some out for me and put it in a spray can
and i'll spray that on the soles...
egzactly 3 coats... let it dry overnight
another 3 coats.... and bam!
it's been working like a charm.
I don't know if it works with regular paint concealer
but i'll try n find out the name of another spray I used to buy

please do I would love to preserve the sole!

I just got a pair of leopard CL's made with pony hair. How do you clean the pony hair on CLs? I had a cheaper pair of shoes (Not designer tho) made with pony hair before, and they started balding and eventually the shoes had looked so horrible that I had to throw them away. How can I prevent this happening to my CL's?

I'm mindful not to scrape them getting in and out of the car, watch for potholes/cracks in the ground, stay away from grass and mud and (this took forever to train myself to do), not hit them or rub them on the table/chair legs under restaurant tables!

I check them after wear and clean any dirt from the sole, air them out and repack them in the dustbag and box.

That's it!

I just got a pair of leopard CL's made with pony hair. How do you clean the pony hair on CLs? I had a cheaper pair of shoes (Not designer tho) made with pony hair before, and they started balding and eventually the shoes had looked so horrible that I had to throw them away. How can I prevent this happening to my CL's?

I don't think that there is any way to clean pony hair and balding is inevitable if you wear your shoes with pants or jeans. I always wear pony hair CLs with skirts or dresses so that there is no contact with other fabrics which helps prevent balding. So far all of my pony hair CLs are in good condition.

How do those with Python skin shoes care for them?

How do you clean them?

How do you condition them?

What do you do if the tips of the scales begin to lift?

Brian, it's best to bring exotics to a reputable cleaner person.

My MIL has tons of exotic shoes, some going back 20/30 years. They are in mint condition and she wears them often.

Be careful where you wear these shoes and since scales/skins dry out easily, it's best to have them professionally conditioned at least once a year. Once the skins dry out, there's nothing you can do.

Also, if you live in a very humid or dry environment, you can use humidifiers or those water-absorbent thingys to prevent mildew.

I hope this helps! I have a clutch made with exotic materials and my leather guy warned me against conditioning it myself. I tried to do something on my own inside the bag and it was a fiasco. :crybaby:

I don't think that there is any way to clean pony hair and balding is inevitable if you wear your shoes with pants or jeans. I always wear pony hair CLs with skirts or dresses so that there is no contact with other fabrics which helps prevent balding. So far all of my pony hair CLs are in good condition.

My pony hair loafers started balding after I wore them with jeans. Never again. I only wear them with capris or skirts now. :confused1:

How do those with Python skin shoes care for them?

How do you clean them?

How do you condition them?

What do you do if the tips of the scales begin to lift?

Panrixx .. recently I started using this product
Bick 4 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Its specifically used for exotic skins. Its fabulous and works like a charm and addresses all the questions you have

Attachments

• Bick.jpg
    Bick.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 125
I got a huge water mark on the toe of my Decollete Zeppas the third time I wore them out because I was washing my hands in my work restroom and dripped water on them. The cobbler said it was a combination of hard water and the fact that the varnish coating on the shoe "didn't protect it like it should." It was the camel-colored ones, so now I have a shoe where she sort of blended the color together but it looks funky. So now I treat my leather CLs with Apple Garde when I first get them, and have done all of my leather boots, too.

Your Deco Zeppa is Patent? So when you use the Appleguard on patent leather, it doesn't leave a residue?

Panrixx .. recently I started using this product
Bick 4 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Its specifically used for exotic skins. Its fabulous and works like a charm and addresses all the questions you have

I saw your post about this from the other thread and I bought it. I just got it the other day and I already used it and I like it. Thanks!

anyone for kid leather? I am afraid to use apple guard without you guys' ok!

Yes, it's okay. I've used it myself on my CLs.