How do you store your Chanel Handbags?

Here's how I store my Chanel after seeing it done by a fellow member with this genius idea of hers!! The thread is on here somewhere I just don't remember which - maybe the care/maintenance of caviar leather one?? Anyway, boxes are form the container store ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458443393.282041.jpg

Here's how I store my Chanel after seeing it done by a fellow member with this genius idea of hers!! The thread is on here somewhere I just don't remember which - maybe the care/maintenance of caviar leather one?? Anyway, boxes are form the container store View attachment 3306674

OMG this is genius. I think I will follow this! It definitely ensures that the chains don't get "used" to a weird position and also ensures no dents on the bag!

I'm loving all your suggestions! Thank you!

I will look at the YouTube video after this!!

I really don't think it's necessary to worry about the storage of caviar flaps. Lambskin yes, caviar no. I just have a bit of tissue paper in it, stand mine up in its white dust bag and make sure the chains (doubled) are out of the dust ba and resting on it. I don't spend a lot of time on it and my bag is completely fine.

I really don't think it's necessary to worry about the storage of caviar flaps. Lambskin yes, caviar no. I just have a bit of tissue paper in it, stand mine up in its white dust bag and make sure the chains (doubled) are out of the dust ba and resting on it. I don't spend a lot of time on it and my bag is completely fine.

I'm actually very happy to hear this. More reason to relax and enjoy the bag I've long been waiting for!!

Here's how I store my Chanel after seeing it done by a fellow member with this genius idea of hers!! The thread is on here somewhere I just don't remember which - maybe the care/maintenance of caviar leather one?? Anyway, boxes are form the container store View attachment 3306674

Hi, I was following this idea on the other thread. I purchased the shirt box instead of the sweater box because I'm just starting my Chanel collection and didn't think I needed the larger size. Do you think the straps are high enough off of the bag? Should I just exchange this one for the sweater box to be safe. The bag is a jumbo double flap. Thanks!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458490183.732234.jpg

4d067dc7c16289c1308b5b4aa226ac12.jpg
2907a4ca4dcb6ae86a6cab47dfb4f107.jpg
aace25ec680a378d1c39daae25fea581.jpg

Just a few shots of a kind of simple idea I had. To keep the chains off the bags I put a larger purse I have in its dust bag between my 2 chanels and used the drawstrings to tie them up and away from the bag. Worked great for me.

I put every bag in its dustbag lined up with all the bags' faces facing to the right like books on a shelf...and keep SLGs in their boxes since they're easier to keep and store inside these wooden wine containers =] the boxes are lined with thick black cotton fabric.

Thought it was a fun way to store them and I now have "drawers"... So they're safer from the dogs and air out at the same time XD

View attachment 3284389
Very neat!!

I store them on an open shelf in their dust bag the with chain outside the dust bag. I wrap the chain in a felt sleeve.

I was told to never store in the box or in a closed cabinet.

I never let them sit too long on the shelf either

I'm thinking of getting a dehumidifier for the room i keep my bags at.... :thinking::thinking:
I'm living in a very humid country and i was told by many that its best to keep the bags in a open area so that they can "breathe" (eg. cupboards, drawers are not very ideal for such humid countries....)

Hello and happy friday!

To reissue/2.55 owners: can you please share what method of storing works best for you?

I store mine laying down on their back but after a while, I notice that the base bows down and I have to reshape the base. Then I store them upright for a while.

So I alternate between storing flat and standing upright. Anybody does the same? Or do you just stick with one method? Or maybe use a base shaper?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks![emoji3]

Hello and happy friday!

To reissue/2.55 owners: can you please share what method of storing works best for you?

I store mine laying down on their back but after a while, I notice that the base bows down and I have to reshape the base. Then I store them upright for a while.

So I alternate between storing flat and standing upright. Anybody does the same? Or do you just stick with one method? Or maybe use a base shaper?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks![emoji3]

I store my reissues just like I store my classic flaps- standing up, stuffed, and in a dust bag. Never laying down, I want to try to prevent the bowed bottom