How Do You Store Your Birkins?

i store them in exactly the same way. my SA advised me to store them on their side but i don't have the closet space. they also told me that storing them in the boxes would dry out the leather. so they're in their sleepers.

Stuffed, lying down on their pillows in their sleepers and boxes. The whole shebang. I enjoy dusting them and putting them away, even if I use them again in a day or two. Cuz when I get them out again, they feel brand new. It's fun. :P

Kelly and Bolide shoulder straps inside felt bag (unless I'm using it alot that week), Birkins buckled completely, flap out, but straps not in guides. Other bags (Trims, Dalvys, Plume Elan) stuffed, on their sides, in their sleepers and boxes.

I have two bags I have never used (poor babies - they need new homes!) and they stuffed and in their sleepers, no box.

Uh oh, the Hermes police are going to come and take all your bags away and charge you with negligence and abuse! You will only be able to visit them at prearranged times and only with a chaperone who will make sure they are returned to their proper sleeping positions!

Someday, will you do a thread with pics of your armoire if you haven't already? :girlsigh:Pretty please?

I second that! Please do post pics of your armoire with its occupants!

My gold togo just sits on a shelf, but my rouge clemence is away in its box. I have to get it out == I think I would use it more if I could just grab it.

Hmmm ... I was just thinking what I have that are always outside of their boxes. 1) my shoulder birkin which I hang on a clothes rack 2) my Lindy which I use everyday 3) my choc box birkin, which is my most used birkin. Having these outside of their boxes, mean at any one time, I have 3 bags for rotation, and this puts less stress on myself having to unpack and pack my bags every time I wish to have a change. Conversely, when I wish to use any of my other bags, I will plan ahead of time, and this means on special occasions only.

I store most of my bags in their boxes since I rotate only 2-3 bags frequently. I store the bags as if they arrived to me brand-spanking new--the felt protectors in place, clochette/padlock & strap (if any) in their rightful sleepers. It drives me nuts if I DON'T store them this way, but it also drives me nuts when I have to take them out again to stare at or use and put them back inside. I guess I am just nuts either way, eh?

24, i'm doing it exactly like you! ;) actually not only hermes, i do it to all my branded bags, it's a hassle but i don't mind

I did a search and couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for. Maybe I overlooked it somehow, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I was wondering how everyone stores their Birkins? Do you display them? Keep them in their dustbags? Keep them wrapped in their boxes when not in use? I ask because I always kept my other bags cleaned and re-wrapped in their original packing/boxes when not in use....until I read a thread in Chanel that stated storing bags in their boxes causes molding. Has anyone had this problem? I am new to H, and the last thing I want is mold on my babies!

Any help is appreciated! TIA!

After a few days' use, I leave it to air overnight in an airconditioned room, then pack it back in the box, stuffed with the airpillows. They are always in airconditioning so I don't worry so much about mold, but just to be sure I always have 'thirsty hippos/elephants' in the closet with them.

Last edited: