Arts & Crafts How Do You Organize Your Craft Supplies???

Sweetneet and twinkle.tink, your craft spaces are awesome!

I do most of my crafting in the living room while watching TV! I've been doing beadworks almost everyday the past couple of years so I'm a fan of those plano boxes and clear foot long boxes to keep my beads and findings. Then I use bookshelves to store them. I also have drawers where I keep my tools, fabric, etc.

For the bigger stuff - I got a large clear zip around bag from IKEA - a lot fits in and it's strong. For the smaller stuff - bags and boxes. Clear is always a good idea. I have a chest of clear drawers I use for jewelery parts. When I don't want to see the contents I just cover it with a nice piece of fabric. Basically the key is to keep everything in groups, according to type and purpose. That makes things easier to find.

HTH

PL

OK, green is now my main skin tone. WOW! I love your art space, Ghost55. I wish I can reserve any space in our house for my stuff.
What do you do with fabrics? I have 4 huge storage totes filled with any fabric imaginable (and, yet I keep buying more!). Nothing seems to be practical enpugh.

These are some great craft spaces. I will be posting my space soon.

Ghost55 said:
Here is my scrapbook room. I am awaiting chinese lanterns in Turquoise, Lime green and Lilac to adorn the ceiling. I'll post more pics as soon as I get them in and up.

I love those curtains.

sweetneet said:
ok, here are pics of my scrapbooking/craft center that DH & I just finished setting up. We had a recessed area in our game room upstairs and we thought it would be perfect to put a desk in there. I have a regular desk downstairs but I wanted something strictly for scrapbooking and crafting since I know how it can get so messy with glue, paper etc everywhere!

The desk & chair are from IKEA, and the white modular organizers are all from Michaels. The shelving system is the Elfa system from The Container Store. I got the seven small translucent drawers from Target. The thin silver rectangular board on the wall is a board that can be used with both magnets & pushpins. I also have a bookshelf (from IKEA), where we put yearbooks, photoalbums here for easy access when I want to scan pictures for a scrapbook page.

here's a quasi-panoramic view showing everything

Love this space.

twinkle.tink said:
My 'office' with most of the craft stuff...I use the lockers (which really lock, for stuff that the kids shouldn't get into, like spray paint, etc.

What a great us of lockers :smile: