How do you get rid of millia?

These buggers are really sensitive when you start picking at them. I had one on my upper eyelid and I think it came from eye makeup remover. I picked and picked at it (thinning out the skin) and eventually it popped out. I always thought they were called 'calcium deposits'. They are no fun.

Why don't you want to go to a dermatologist? I had one right near my eye and she popped it right out. Cleared right up and nothing is there now.

I would see a dermatologist.

popped it out? are you referring to extraction? but i heard too much of extraction is actually bad for our skin. and usually dermologist will charge highly at some clinics.I got lotsa around my cheeks...sad..

I've only had milia in my eye area, and it was from using products that were too rich for my skin. It's my eye cream gripe in general - my skin there is really dehydrated but can't take comforting rich eye creams without forming milia.

Skinbube - what do you use on your face, and how long have you been getting milia on your cheeks? If it's not a new thing I'd see a dermatologist to get rid of them.

I am ruthless and probably unwise with my milia - I pop them. It causes the nastiest sharpest pain but they don't come back. :devil:

I used to have some too, but noticed that they went away?!
I actually didn't know they went away until I accidentally ran into this thread. I just checked my face-- and no more millia!! :yahoo: The only thing I've been doing differently is using the Clarisonic everyday.

I used to have some too, but noticed that they went away?!
I actually didn't know they went away until I accidentally ran into this thread. I just checked my face-- and no more millia!! :yahoo: The only thing I've been doing differently is using the Clarisonic everyday.

Owww, yeah, great encouragement to use a Clarisonic. Exfoliation usually helps do the trick. No automatic difference but in the long run it will be wonders :nuts:

I have 2-3 millia spots at the very top of the apple of my cheek. I'm a side-sleeper and I noticed that once I stopped sleeping on my side and switching my pillowcases every 4-6 days really makes a difference.

I just wanted to ask....has anyone else used the Naturalis product for Milia treatment? I just looked it up and it's 161 USD. I wanted to get another opinion before I bought it?

I just wanted to ask....has anyone else used the Naturalis product for Milia treatment? I just looked it up and it's 161 USD. I wanted to get another opinion before I bought it?

I looked that up too, there's no way I can afford that, we're on too tight of a budget. Quite honestly, there's no way I can afford a facial or a dermatologist either.
I have quite a few of these things, around my eye area, and one or two on my cheeks. I have no idea why I get them. I very rarely wear make-up(I'm talking once every few months) and when I do, I take it off before bed. I don't put any treatments or oils or moisturizers on my face.
Other than the fact that I have these millia and combination skin, I don't have any other issues. When I wash my face, I use liquid soap and water, or just splash water on my face to freshen up. I'm 39, and my skin looks pretty good I'd say, other than the above.
If there's any ideas out there for getting rid of these things at home without copious amounts of pain, I'd love to hear about them. TIA!

i had them in my forehead two years ago. thought they'd go away on their own until they spread and covered not just my forehead but my nose and cheeks.. so i went to a derma and she prescribed me with retinoic acid ointmentwhich i apply every night.. my skin thinned out.. and those in my cheeks and nose have lessened already. im just waiting for a major progress with those in my forehead.. dont apply the ointment too much as it can cause severe facial drying and itchiness.. :smile: