How do you get rid of millia?

I think the best is to just use a needle to extract them. If you go to your family physician or dermatologist, most of them will do this for you but you can just as easily do it yourself or have a friend help. Don't let someone who is in a big rush do this, you need to really take your time and do it carefully. If you have lots use some Retin-A to turnover the skin faster and they will eventually peel off.

I finally got rid of them by using my Clarisonic and switching to products that don't cause them. I found out that my moisturizer was the culprit. I've switched to a different one with great results!

Hi everyone, before i read this thread, I never knew those pesky white seeds were milia on my face! I had them on my forehead, cheeks, eyelids, practically everywhere on my face and there were tens of them. Having read the comments and suggestions at this thread, I tried all the solutions. Some worked but the results was not satisfactory. It was not until I clicked on Fippy's thread link to read about naturalis milia treatment that I realized that all the major search engine's turned up the same product over an over again! naturalis! Yes naturalis! This product was like foolproof for treating milia. I was skeptical for months until last month I took the plunge and bought a jar. To my big surprise, NO, shock really, after applying the milia treatment for just 3 days, all my milia seeds resolved!. I am free of those pesky, ugly, detestable, embarrassing, hated blotches finally!!! I have been having them for more than 10 years! Thanks everyone for having this thread! It's godsend!!!. Thanks a million! Love you gals !!!

omg, i'm gonna look for this! ty

Just googled 'naturalis milia' and there weren't many things that popped up besides other different forums saying people representing naturalis are spamming...a little iffy now. I think i'm going to sit this one out. Anyone else have their 2 cents to add?

I have very thick, oily skin. I used to have milia - I noticed they stopped when I stopped using a moisturiser on my face (you don't need to if your face keeps itself oily enough already!). I don't think you should scratch at them because you could damage your skin and end up with a scar/discolouration which might be as bad as the milia in the first place...

I had millia all over my face, not obvious though but under sun light you could see it and it just made me look so congested. The best thing I ever did was go on roccataine prescribed by my dermatoligist. It was the only thing that healed the problem for good. I'm so happy with the results.

I'd definitely go see a dermatologist. Please avoid beauty salons, they are the worst.

A friend of mine uses a small syringe and sucks them out. I've never done that myself but I guess if you have disposable syringes with a strong suction, it would work.

I stopped having the same issues with my face once I stopped using sugar substitutes btw.

The blackhead/white head tools they sell in drugstores might help. Remove the milia with the rounder loop used for whiteheads after a warm shower.

I was able to "pop" my millia by applying hot compress over my eyes. I did this for about 4 times every night before going to sleep. I also make sure to take hot showers to open up my pores. My dermatologist also advised not to use overly rich eye cream, and make sure that I use skin care products geared for oily skin.

I 've been getting Millia off and on for many years. I've been told by numerous Dermatologists, that the only way to get rid of them, is for a Doctor to open them with a lancet, and remove them. Usually, if they are surface deep, they will be able to be removed easily, but, mine are usually so deep, that after opening the skin with the lancet enables the millia to work its way to the surface. Sometimes, the skin scabs over before the millia is out, so it takes several procedures of hot compresses, and removal, before it's completely gone. They are such a nuisance.....I can't live with them. I'm frequently at my Derm's Office.

:tdown::tdown::tdown: