How do you feel about buying preloved or vintage handbags?

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
land of lala
Anyone can buy a new handbag but to hunt down a special vintage piece is more fun and brings something interesting to your wardrobe. It's like having a home where everything is new-nice but not nearly as interesting. I love vintage; I love having an appreciation for the designer brands and their history.

rgbarrera

Apr 2, 2014
Orange County, CA
I prefer pre-loved, mainly because I can get a bag that I truly love but would otherwise not be able to afford. I especially love the vintage pieces that were used well but taken care of........if only those purses could talk and tell their stories!

🐩"...wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." E.H.🐩

sthrncin

I Love Soft Leather!
May 4, 2012
I absolutely love pre loved and vintage handbags! Love finding a good broken in leather handbag that has been loved :heart:

CoachCruiser

Jun 9, 2011
MA
Anyone can buy a new handbag but to hunt down a special vintage piece is more fun and brings something interesting to your wardrobe. It's like having a home where everything is new-nice but not nearly as interesting. I love vintage; I love having an appreciation for the designer brands and their history.
This! Most definitely. I agree 100%. I love new handbags as well, to be honest...but I am also thrilled to find an authentic, well-made vintage piece from a seasoned/iconic designer. (I wish it happened more often!)

Apr 30, 2014

Yes!! I am the same way with my house. I could go out and buy a bunch of new decor and have it look trendy, but I'd rather have knick knacks that I have found in my travels, at a garage sale, inherited etc. much more personality and history.

Risha S

Apr 30, 2014
I like buying vintage. There are so many interesting pieces. I also buy brand new, but buying vintage is even more fun.

Shoppinmel

Handbag Enthusiast!
O.G.
May 11, 2010
Meridian, ID
I have now purchased 9 Louis Vuitton pieces and only one was purchased at the LV boutique, my bandeau. Five of my bags have been purchased on Ebay preloved and one through a private transaction, also preloved. Three of these were in like new condition. I purchased my wallet preloved on Bonanza and my cles on Craigslist. All of these pieces I had authenticated here before purchase and the transactions went wonderfully. I'm really picky and the key is to wait for the right piece to come up.