How do you feel about buying preloved or vintage handbags?

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
land of lala
Anyone can buy a new handbag but to hunt down a special vintage piece is more fun and brings something interesting to your wardrobe. It's like having a home where everything is new-nice but not nearly as interesting. I love vintage; I love having an appreciation for the designer brands and their history.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

rgbarrera

Apr 2, 2014
Orange County, CA
I prefer pre-loved, mainly because I can get a bag that I truly love but would otherwise not be able to afford. I especially love the vintage pieces that were used well but taken care of........if only those purses could talk and tell their stories!

🐩"...wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." E.H.🐩

sthrncin

I Love Soft Leather!
May 4, 2012
I absolutely love pre loved and vintage handbags! Love finding a good broken in leather handbag that has been loved :heart:

CoachCruiser

Jun 9, 2011
MA
Anyone can buy a new handbag but to hunt down a special vintage piece is more fun and brings something interesting to your wardrobe. It's like having a home where everything is new-nice but not nearly as interesting. I love vintage; I love having an appreciation for the designer brands and their history.
This! Most definitely. I agree 100%. I love new handbags as well, to be honest...but I am also thrilled to find an authentic, well-made vintage piece from a seasoned/iconic designer. (I wish it happened more often!)

Apr 30, 2014

Yes!! I am the same way with my house. I could go out and buy a bunch of new decor and have it look trendy, but I'd rather have knick knacks that I have found in my travels, at a garage sale, inherited etc. much more personality and history.

Risha S

Apr 30, 2014
I like buying vintage. There are so many interesting pieces. I also buy brand new, but buying vintage is even more fun.

Shoppinmel

Handbag Enthusiast!
O.G.
May 11, 2010
Meridian, ID
I have now purchased 9 Louis Vuitton pieces and only one was purchased at the LV boutique, my bandeau. Five of my bags have been purchased on Ebay preloved and one through a private transaction, also preloved. Three of these were in like new condition. I purchased my wallet preloved on Bonanza and my cles on Craigslist. All of these pieces I had authenticated here before purchase and the transactions went wonderfully. I'm really picky and the key is to wait for the right piece to come up.