How do you feel about buying preloved or vintage handbags?

Anyone can buy a new handbag but to hunt down a special vintage piece is more fun and brings something interesting to your wardrobe. It's like having a home where everything is new-nice but not nearly as interesting. I love vintage; I love having an appreciation for the designer brands and their history.

Reactions: jbags07
I prefer pre-loved, mainly because I can get a bag that I truly love but would otherwise not be able to afford. I especially love the vintage pieces that were used well but taken care of........if only those purses could talk and tell their stories!

🐩"...wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." E.H.🐩

Anyone can buy a new handbag but to hunt down a special vintage piece is more fun and brings something interesting to your wardrobe. It's like having a home where everything is new-nice but not nearly as interesting. I love vintage; I love having an appreciation for the designer brands and their history.
This! Most definitely. I agree 100%. I love new handbags as well, to be honest...but I am also thrilled to find an authentic, well-made vintage piece from a seasoned/iconic designer. (I wish it happened more often!)

Yes!! I am the same way with my house. I could go out and buy a bunch of new decor and have it look trendy, but I'd rather have knick knacks that I have found in my travels, at a garage sale, inherited etc. much more personality and history.

I have now purchased 9 Louis Vuitton pieces and only one was purchased at the LV boutique, my bandeau. Five of my bags have been purchased on Ebay preloved and one through a private transaction, also preloved. Three of these were in like new condition. I purchased my wallet preloved on Bonanza and my cles on Craigslist. All of these pieces I had authenticated here before purchase and the transactions went wonderfully. I'm really picky and the key is to wait for the right piece to come up.

Right before Malleries closed last summer, I snagged a 2001 LV Sarria Horizontal that was in excellent condition from there for $660! I couldn't believe it. Most all the ones that showed up on Google for sale were at least twice that. I've carried it every day this fall and love it!

I've been very fortunate to find two vintage LVs and one vintage Chanel at unbelievable prices and in wonderful condition. You won't see me turning up my nose!

I'm not against preloved. In fact, I have three preloved bags, and am also waiting for one to be delivered. That said, I am pretty picky about the condition it is in. When browsing, I only look at the top two conditions the site has to offer. For Rebag that's "Excellent" and "Very Good," and for Yoogi's Closet that's "New" and "Like New." I like to shop at those two sites because they offer the option of making monthly payments. I know there's a whole argument against making monthly payments, but it works for me. You can also come across colors and pieces that are no longer being sold. I also get my preloved bags authenticated as soon as I get them just to be safe.

Reactions: Sparkletastic