How do you feel about buying preloved or vintage handbags?

I totally agree about the quality of the vintage bags. What they are selling now is not the same as what they used to sell. Can you please share the link for where you watch these live sales on fb? I keep hearing about them but have not been able to locate exactly where.
The ones i watched is not an english speaking sellers. They reside in japan and ships from there. And because they do have lots of clients they dont ship immediately too. They sell preloved luxury bags and sometimes diamond jewelries. Most of them dont even provide photos after live because they have too many customers. Thats the cons also of being from them, once you say “mine” during live you are obliged to pay because once you do they already pay the product for you. So they cannot cancel it and if you cancelled they are stuck with the bag. They do show the flaws but they are really quick. I saw a live seller located in the US and she uses the english language but I had to unfollow since I never buy anyway. She has lots of viewers so just by that i trust her products. And you pay through babk transfers zelle, remitance. Ive had a lot of transactions and i pay through pp family and friends and so far it was legit.

The ones i watched is not an english speaking sellers. They reside in japan and ships from there. And because they do have lots of clients they dont ship immediately too. They sell preloved luxury bags and sometimes diamond jewelries. Most of them dont even provide photos after live because they have too many customers. Thats the cons also of being from them, once you say “mine” during live you are obliged to pay because once you do they already pay the product for you. So they cannot cancel it and if you cancelled they are stuck with the bag. They do show the flaws but they are really quick. I saw a live seller located in the US and she uses the english language but I had to unfollow since I never buy anyway. She has lots of viewers so just by that i trust her products. And you pay through babk transfers zelle, remitance. Ive had a lot of transactions and i pay through pp family and friends and so far it was legit.
Thanks for the info! Would you say the us based seller is reasonably priced?

Blind post.

Thrifting, I have no luck.

Actual consignment / resale shops have been a gold mine. I love that I’ve been able to buy things I wanted as a tween / teenager (LV Multicolour, Dior Galliano-era Saddle bags, Dior Glossy1 Sunglasses, a Dior Girly monogram pochette, Baguettes, a Chanel Medallion tote, Tom Ford era Gucci) now but couldn’t afford in late elementary & high school. By uni, I could afford the odd one off entry level bag but definitely really couldn’t until I started working. The nostalgia factor for me has been the best part of buying pre-owned.

I find Japanese / HK based sellers on Etsy & eBay (Buy it Now, I do not have the patience for auctions!) have been the best as far as pricing and customs. I’ve definitely scored on Poshmark. I love Fashionphile as well but am always aware customs fees seem to be the highest with them.

About half of my collection is secondhand. I don’t mind buying pieces with some wear and tear, as long as it’s something that I can deal with at home or a little bit of professional intervention. I enjoy the process of cleaning and conditioning my leather pieces, so doing a little extra TLC is fun for me.

Reactions: Mcandy