How do you deal with retaliation negative feedback on Ebay?

Here is the ebay uk link

Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal and Removal

Click on "some examples"

Rating withdrawal by eBay
  • A buyer does not pay for an item. The seller files an Unpaid Item dispute. The buyer never responds to the Unpaid Item process and leaves the seller a negative feedback. The seller closes the Unpaid Item case, issuing the buyer a strike for non-payment. Because the buyer chose not to participate in the Unpaid Item process, eBay removes the negative rating associated with the feedback the buyer left the seller..
K

(having reread your post, I see you closed the dispute. Unfortunately once it's closed you can't reopen. She would have needed to respond to ebay, via the dipute console, to have qualified for them to not remove her feedback.

Don't worry about one neg. If I see a neg, I always look to see how people respond to it. A couple of negs wouldn't put me off if they've been responded to appropriately..)

I do hate it. I had a buyer who didn't pay, and I got too impatient with the dispute process (they give the buyer 45 days!), so I left a negative feedback after a few weeks. Needless to say, I got ugly feedback right back. She didn't respond to my emails for weeks, then within minutes she slams me. This is why a lot of sellers don't want to even leave neg. feedback anymore and why there are so many nonpaying bidders out there. I generally had great experiences on ebay (I don't even try to buy something that could be faked, though), but this really ticked me off.

I have not had any negative or neutral feedback since I started selling 6 years ago (knocks wood), but I've learned the best way to respond to it is VERY diplomatic and avoid name calling. Name Calling reflects more on you as a seller, so stick with....
"Non-paying bidder was given generous time to pay...."
"Over 2 weeks & no payment"