How do you clean your gloves?

macde90

Apr 2, 2013
I'll start by saying, I'm not really a germaphobe but I'm not trying to get the flu either....

I usually buy several pairs of relatively inexpensive gloves in the same color every few years or so. They're interchangeable and if I lose one, it's really no big deal. I can just replace the missing one with a glove from one of my spares.

This year, I bought a pair of cashmere lined leather gloves from the FOS and I love them. I got a great deal and I really like them but I don't know how to clean them. Here's the thing. I wash my hands or use hand sanitizer whenever I come in from a public place. I can't do either to the gloves because I can't wash leather and I surely cannot put hand sanitzer on it.

What do you ladies do, especially those of you who use public transportation?

You can use non-bleach lysol wipes, available at the supermarket, to clean the gloves and then moisturize with a good leather conditioner.

I buy Lexol leather cleaner (orange label) and conditioner (brown label) but I get the Quick-wipes not the spray because the wipes are so convenient. I get them at a local tack shop but they are also available online, see link below.

I don't just use them for gloves, I use them to clean and condition seasonal bags before putting the bags away in storage until the next season.

I also used to buy inexpensive gloves until I bought my first cashmere-lined leather coach gloves, now they are all that I wear! They are so warm and comfortable, but you do need to clean and condition them periodically.

http://www.lexol.com/category_leather.aspx