How do we justify ou luxury handbags?

Lescoy - can you please fix my typo in the heading of this thread? Everytime I see it reinvigorated I feel really embarassed about my typing (I can spell). Yes, its offical now..... I am a nutter :weird:

Thanks Lescoy :flowers:

I think that what everyone is saying here is pretty sensible. I think if you have a bit of spare money and want to buy something that makes you happy then do it, but don't spend what you don't have.
Some people have hobbies or like to travel and this can add up to hundreds of dollars too, it's just that when you spend this money for example on a holiday it's spent and gone, you enjoy it and move on and it isn't sitting in your closet looking back at you everyday, I think that's where the guilt comes in.
I think if you can rationalize it you feel can feel less guilty.

Well thats the thing - we are going on a holiday and I keep thinking - you know, that bag cost a third of your holiday - yikes!

Okay, I am officially beyond everyone's kind, sensible offerings of advice. I guess I better just go whip myself now.

Actually I think my confessional has helped. I am tired of whingeing about it. This is going to be my final post about how bad I am. I'm going to start posting about how GOOD I am at spending money and what great taste I have :amuse:

Monya - I just wish my husband splashed out once in a while but he never does (to justify my purchases). He just doesn't want for anything.
I am the same, my hubby never buys anything but at the end of the day he doesnt WANT anything. I wish I could buy him something and then buy myself a bag so I dont feel bad about spending money on myself. Although we only have a computer or 3, 2 LCD TVs, DVD players, PS3 etc because of me so I buy big house stuff as well as bags for myself but none of them are specifically for him. I justify it in that I dont spend heaps on clothes or shoes because I never like any enough and bags ALWAYS fit. I dont have to worry about ordering it online and having it not fit right etc so I guess some women spend alot on shoes or clothes or getting their hair/nails done and I dont do any of that. Although I think Ive gone overboard this year so far so I will be good from now but watch out next year!!

I am the same, my hubby never buys anything but at the end of the day he doesnt WANT anything. I wish I could buy him something and then buy myself a bag so I dont feel bad about spending money on myself. Although we only have a computer or 3, 2 LCD TVs, DVD players, PS3 etc because of me so I buy big house stuff as well as bags for myself but none of them are specifically for him. I justify it in that I dont spend heaps on clothes or shoes because I never like any enough and bags ALWAYS fit. I dont have to worry about ordering it online and having it not fit right etc so I guess some women spend alot on shoes or clothes or getting their hair/nails done and I dont do any of that. Although I think Ive gone overboard this year so far so I will be good from now but watch out next year!!

Yep well being married to my husband is like being married to the dalai lama - he has no desire for material possessions. Really he is quite saintly. I'll never know why he married me but I am lucky :P I even made him buy his car dream car because I thought he deserved it. He has a great paying job, works hard and is just happy, happy happy....ALL the time?!?!?! He loves sport, a wine or beer (or a few) and one other thing.....nothing expensive to match my hand bag purchases....

When I hear about some of my friends being married to men who spend more money then they do I am jealous and intrigued at the same time!:roflmfao:

I say, if you don't spurge all the time on everything then a treat is nice now and again. However, this has to be tempered with what make sense financially and with regard to other priorities. I always feel good if I get a really expensive bag on sale! :smile:

^^ITA. Except when I have a momentary lapse of reasoning and go on a buying spree (2 bags w/i 1 month :shame:!). But generally, I have to agree... I think you appreciate your bag(s) if you've been wanting her and waiting for her to go on sale, rather than jumping the gun and paying FP for her the day you meet her, without much though. The more thought I put into a bag...the longer her life with me is :P. I ofcourse have my splashes of "impulse buying" that wind up on eBay/Bonanzle!

^^ITA. Except when I have a momentary lapse of reasoning and go on a buying spree (2 bags w/i 1 month :shame:!). But generally, I have to agree... I think you appreciate your bag(s) if you've been wanting her and waiting for her to go on sale, rather than jumping the gun and paying FP for her the day you meet her, without much though. The more thought I put into a bag...the longer her life with me is :P. I ofcourse have my splashes of "impulse buying" that wind up on eBay/Bonanzle![/quote]

Sounds pretty familiar!