How did you manage to fork over the money for an Hermes? Convince me!

note to add is that I am evolving - fast.

3 years after my LV purchases (1 have only 2 LV bags & a wallet), then 2 Goyards - i suddenly realized that I don't want logo'd bags anymore

baileylab I completely agree...3 years ago I dug the logo bags...when faced with the decision of getting my very first "designer" bag - between a leather Coach vs. a logo-ed Coach for the same price I opted for the logo. Just like you my collection and tastes have evolved and these days I much prefer a non-logo and am looking to H to give me the understated quality and elegance I seek. At this point the *only* luxury bag I want to purchase is an H!

With regards to your OP - I think it's very normal for you to say to yourself "Darn it, I want this bag..........but it's a lot of money!" I feel the same way. My rationale has been that it is the right time in my life to purchase it, I have the money at this time, I know that I want to purchase one at some point in my life so I might as well do it now when the economic situation is decreasing demand and it's easier to purchase (and of course there are the price increases that tend to hurry things along). In addition, I think many of us would agree that purchasing an H in Paris would be the ultimate experience! But those are just my thoughts/rationalizations.

Hope it all works out for you and if you decide to purchase we'll be here to help you celebrate! :smile:

I agree with everyone. If you love it you will know and the price won't matter. I never shopped at Hermes until this past week when I purchased my first bag. I paid $5960+ tax for a 26 cm SO Kelly without any hesitation. I just loved that bag so much that I had to have it. The rain was pouring down like crazy but when I got the call from my SA that my bag had arrived from Hawaii I got in the car and drove down there :lol:

Hermes bags are so well made and so beautiful and retain value. I love them so much that I am no longer willing to buy any LVs. I usually get 3 to 4 LVs a year but now I would prefer to just save the money so that I could get one Birkin. That's how much I love Hermes bags. On the other hand, if you just like the Birkin then I would just not buy it because you may regret the purchase when you get home and they do not do refunds. They only do store credit.

The first bag is the hardest. After that you will no longer look at others. Why pay 3000.00 dollars for a Chanel bag that you will see coming and going??? Or LV??? You will rarely see the same H bag. They are hand made and works of art. After the first bag you will never feel the same about other brands. I love all my H bags, I do not even use my Chanel bags unless it is raining. I will most likely sell them, there is no comparison.

The first bag is the hardest. After that you will no longer look at others. Why pay 3000.00 dollars for a Chanel bag that you will see coming and going??? Or LV??? You will rarely see the same H bag. They are hand made and works of art. After the first bag you will never feel the same about other brands. I love all my H bags, I do not even use my Chanel bags unless it is raining. I will most likely sell them, there is no comparison.
I have to admit that I still like my Balenciaga bags, and they are the total oposite of H-bags! However, I do feel now after getting my first Birkin that I will not spend 3000+ on another brand again, I´d rather add a "few" 1000 and get more Birkins:graucho:. Luckily for me I am not into the exotics although I certainly can apreciate their beauty on others!

Kat:smile: