How did you get your first Hermes Kelly / Birkin bag?

I was in the Chicago boutique picking up my Ulysse Notebook and I turned around while waiting for Elennie to return with my ordered item. It needed to be flown in from the Tyson Corner store. I was so excited. When I turned around, I spotted an HAC 50cm in red with PHW sitting on top of a box on the counter. I casually walked over, when inside I wanted to run, and picked up the bag. I fawned over the bag while Craig watched from the counter. I looked at him and said "I would love to own one of these in black." He said "Let me see what I can do" as he walked towards the back.

He returned with a sleeper bag filled with something. He opened it and unwrapped the same bag in black Fjord leather. I went nuts. He was resting on the counter with his elbows on the wood and his head cradled in his hands. He asked "So? Do you want it? I didn't even have to think about.:yahoo:

I took the subway home with my new goodies. And my SAs didn't even argue over the sales. What a team!! :tup:

My first Kelly (my avatar---rouge vif chevre de coromandel 35cm) was bought off the shelf in the Montreal H at Holt Renfrew 6 years ago.

My first birkin bought from WS---a 25 ficelle lizzie. My first 35 Birkin from a Tokyo reseller, but my 35 raisin podium order arrived from Wall Street H one week later. WS has been amazing for me.:heart::heart::heart:

In addition, I have to agree with the previous posts about Chicago---spent the past weekend there and I have to say that the Chicago Hermes store and Craig were wonderful to me, too!!

I bought mine via ebay from a reputable seller in Europe - 35 Black Clemence Birkin with GH!! I love her to DEATH. I was actually put on a waitlist for this same bag in 10/2006 - STILL WAITING for that phone call!!! LOL :graucho:

Attachments

• birkin.jpg
    birkin.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 203