How did you do at Saks ECG?

Chanel purchases are definitely eligible for EGC.

FYI, apparently A LOT of people take advantage of the Saks EGC events.

They buy expensive items to get the gift cards, and then later return the items and keep the gift cards.

Normally, the receipts are stamped so if you return the items the sales associate must ask for the card back, but sometimes they forget to ask for the cards back.

In the near future the gift cards will be electronically tracked, so that if someone tries to return the bag and keep the card, you will only be refunded the amount for the bag LESS the amount of the gift card you received.

:huh:Oh.. sneaky sneaky.. good to know.. Thanks. :idea:

Are the EGC cards normally valid for 30days upon issuance? (Like it must be spent before then.. or it goes to waste?) Tia~!:flowers:

Yup! My SA told me that the GIFT CARD will be void. If you have already used the gift card, you "only be refunded the amount for the bag LESS the amount of the gift card you received".

They buy expensive items to get the gift cards, and then later return the items and keep the gift cards.

Normally, the receipts are stamped so if you return the items the sales associate must ask for the card back, but sometimes they forget to ask for the cards back.

In the near future the gift cards will be electronically tracked, so that if someone tries to return the bag and keep the card, you will only be refunded the amount for the bag LESS the amount of the gift card you received.

I ended up with the Chanel vinyl grey/black degrade flap with silver hardware. I agonized over it for about a week but I just really love it. I'll post picts up hopefully tonight. Hubby was a bit astonished by the amount of bags I brought home last night so I didn't want to push the issue by bringing out the camera :Push: so everything got put away quite quickly.

Wow ~~ thanks for the info!! Sad I missed out yesterday, but I am still saving up for my next bag. :yucky: Anybody know when the next Saks EGC is??

The seem to have one every month or every month; correct me if I'm wrong ladies. Also, the GC last 90 days (at least mine have all said that on the back of them). You know, that must have changed. The last one I received expired in 30 days) I just used it. Well, pooh! I liked having 90 days; esp. if there is an event coming up. Ah well.

I got this for EGC. Classic meets BLING. I had to have it.
47b8df28b3127cceb410b4830c0200000036108AZMXDdw2asp

Actually, in December, when I receive my eGC card in the mail, there was a sticker on it with a phone number for me to call to hear about the T&C of the card. It was a loooooooong recording of what you just wrote. Sounded pretty high tech and intimidating how they'll track it and if you return something to make your purchases dip below the spending threshold, the refund is deducted, etc. I was so impressed. I hope this also means that if they have the technology to do this, they will also upgrade their servers so the site won't crash during sales!

For me, I got a Brown GST to replace the Bordeaux GST I gave to my sister. Yay! LOVE eGC!

Well, I went into Chanel looking for something to buy but didn't find anything at all. So I ended up getting a Michele Deco watch in Gold, some MAC makeup, and a cute little Ellen Tracy vest. I ended up getting a $300 gift card. I still haven't used my last gift card yet and I am saving them both for when that "perfect" reissue comes in.