How can I make my calves smaller?

i heard you can inject botox to your muscle so it contracts and appear smaller and more slender. :S but the side effect is you wouldn't be able to jog very often, or else the effect wears off quite quickly. :/ and they said you will experience weird and sore sensation on your calves. but if you are interested in only small calf and none other, i think you should give it a try. :biggrin:

Whoa that's interesting!! The info that I read on some Korean plastic surgery websites says that the surgeon will just remove some muscles on the calves but after recovery it should have no effects on moving and working out... I know that Botox is widely used for facial muslce (i.e. wrinkles) but is it really safe to use it on bigger areas like calves??

you hate it? i actually WANT to be toned on my legs! they're just so jiggly, full of fat (although they are more "temporarily toned" when i wear heels). :smile:

I think it's better than having jiggly THIGHS!! Sorry that I digress but one day I am def going to Korea for lipo.... which brings up an interesting point cuz ppl normally do lipo on thighs, tummy, and underarms but NEVER on calve!!

Hi everyone,
I am 24 days post-op and I have been walking without the limp for a week now.
Everything seem fine, no pain, still a bit of swelling over the left leg's ankle.
I have been taping the scar over my left leg only cos the wound over my right leg is not closed yet :sad: (which made me bit worried last week but my normal doctor said it was ok, no infection and Dr Jong advised me to continue doing wound care for that leg)

Yesterday I tried Body Balance class at my gym, it felt great to stretch the whole body after almost a month of no exercise and minimal walking. My legs felt tight, I couldnt press my heels to the floor when doing this simple basic "down dog" pose *signz*..However, towards the end of the class, i managed to get my heels on the floor for a few seconds..

My plan is to slowly resume exercise again. I will go for 4 yoga and pilates classes per week. I will start swimming once my wounds are completely healed..

Hi christy 2

im still deciding, i want to go for dr jong but it is easier for me to go to korea cos i got a friend there so if there is anything i still can call for her. but if i have a compnay to go tgt for dr jong, high chance that i will go for dr jong(: i thought you already went for the op. may i know when are you planning to go? and who you want to go to?

thanks in advance(:
Poi

Hi teenagedirt

glad to hear you can walk without limp for a week now(: yeah you should take good care of the wound on your right leg. i think pilates would help you stretch but still need to be careful cos the wound on your right leg is not fully sealed. anyway take a good care of yourself!

Poi(:

im 4 months post op. the shape of the legs really do change. my calves are more shapely than month 2. legs still looks bowed but not as much as before since the inner area of the calves filled in a little. i don't feel the stiffness of my legs anymore when getting up and walking after lying or sitting down for a while. my legs feel stronger. However, I haven't tried jogging yet. there is still slight swelling in the ankles but has improved. My heels do not hurt anymore. feeling so much better.

Hi ppoi,
Apologies for my late response but only recently got the chance to catch up with the recent posts (or I guess old posts now-Lol!). Thanks and to answer your question, yes my legs did swell up some after my 2 hour walk. Honestly in my opinion I think my legs remained somewhat swollen for a month after my surgery. I'm almost 7 weeks post op right now and I think most if not all my swelling is gone. Granted I have a job that requires me to be sitting down most of the day and I don't have to be walking around much so maybe the true test to if my legs are continuing to swell would be to have a day full of activities but I haven't had that yet. I will post when I do, though. I'm really thrilled with my results. If you have any hesitancy about the surgery, I think it's wise to think it through because much of what you'll go through is equally mental as it is physical. For me, I was so insecure about my legs for so long that when I found out about Oz, it was a no brainer for me. But that's not to say I didn't have my reservations about it. I have family members who practice medicine in the US and they weren't completely supportive, neither we're my parents. It was really out of concern I know because you have to be careful especially if it's something that can complicate basic functions such as walking and running. I really went back and forth for a short bit right after I cemented my plans for my trip to Korea. I made the decision about three months after finding our about the surgery. As excited as I was to get it done, I did pray about it alot basically asking whether this surgery for vanity reasons was worth the risk. I researched it a lot as well. I found out doctors in the US sometimes will perform calf reduction when they need to use part of the gast muscle to supplement knee surgeries. Knowing this gave me some extra confidence. The fact that this surgery isn't popular in the US is primarily because many women here don't worry about the calves, it's more asian thing. Dr. Park and many here put me at ease. I, myself would recommend it 110%. I haven't yet been able to run as much or fast as I once could but I am trying to start it up again. I'll keep the forum posted on my progress.

Hey Jackkki,
I'm thrilled to hear that you're feeling and doing much better. I hope you continue to do better and that you're loving your new legs. As for me, it's almost been 2 months. I've completely finished aspirations and my legs don't seem to be too swollen anymore. Sometimes I do feel alittle pain but do much better than before. It's not so much pain as it is just a little weakness in my calves. I'm very happy with my results. I was curious though if you've only been wearing the stockings. I'm asking only bc I've noticed that when I wear both the stockings and the bandages on top, my calves are like 1 or 2 cm smaller than when I wear only the stockings, so I've been wearing both. I'd like to know your thoughts and experiences. Are you still wearing the stockings, curious cause I know you're at the four month mark? Also has your scar faded, are you able to wear short things yet? Thanks Jackkki, talking to you before I decided to go for it helped a lot.

I've been still wearing the stockings or bandages. I don't wear them both at the same time because it gets uncomfortable. my legs do look so much better than before. i can wear leggings now and i wear the stockings if I'm going to wear a skirt because my ankles still get a little swollen after walking.

Last edited:
I have the same issue! I think it is mostly genetic. I can shape and tone mine up, but as far as losing much size, I have never been able to do that.

I have always had the same issue! I think it might be because I played soccer when I was growing up (and as a young adult) so my calf muscles never get smaller! Stretching is the only thing that keeps them from getting even bigger. After running/walking/wearing heels/etc. I always make sure to do toe-touch stretching and yoga stretches to help. Keeping the muscles stretched out prevents bulk!

Just started lurking around this forum today. surprised to see the large amount of people that have undergone / considering to undergo the resection surgery... I am also very interested in this surgery. do you guys only recommend doctors from korea? also, what was the price like?
my calves measure about 40cm :sad: have always been very embarrassed about them. the muscle part bulges out a lot.... will recovery really take 6 months?

Hi ppoi,
Apologies for my late response but only recently got the chance to catch up with the recent posts (or I guess old posts now-Lol!). Thanks and to answer your question, yes my legs did swell up some after my 2 hour walk. Honestly in my opinion I think my legs remained somewhat swollen for a month after my surgery. I'm almost 7 weeks post op right now and I think most if not all my swelling is gone. Granted I have a job that requires me to be sitting down most of the day and I don't have to be walking around much so maybe the true test to if my legs are continuing to swell would be to have a day full of activities but I haven't had that yet. I will post when I do, though. I'm really thrilled with my results. If you have any hesitancy about the surgery, I think it's wise to think it through because much of what you'll go through is equally mental as it is physical. For me, I was so insecure about my legs for so long that when I found out about Oz, it was a no brainer for me. But that's not to say I didn't have my reservations about it. I have family members who practice medicine in the US and they weren't completely supportive, neither we're my parents. It was really out of concern I know because you have to be careful especially if it's something that can complicate basic functions such as walking and running. I really went back and forth for a short bit right after I cemented my plans for my trip to Korea. I made the decision about three months after finding our about the surgery. As excited as I was to get it done, I did pray about it alot basically asking whether this surgery for vanity reasons was worth the risk. I researched it a lot as well. I found out doctors in the US sometimes will perform calf reduction when they need to use part of the gast muscle to supplement knee surgeries. Knowing this gave me some extra confidence. The fact that this surgery isn't popular in the US is primarily because many women here don't worry about the calves, it's more asian thing. Dr. Park and many here put me at ease. I, myself would recommend it 110%. I haven't yet been able to run as much or fast as I once could but I am trying to start it up again. I'll keep the forum posted on my progress.

Hey Jackkki,
I'm thrilled to hear that you're feeling and doing much better. I hope you continue to do better and that you're loving your new legs. As for me, it's almost been 2 months. I've completely finished aspirations and my legs don't seem to be too swollen anymore. Sometimes I do feel alittle pain but do much better than before. It's not so much pain as it is just a little weakness in my calves. I'm very happy with my results. I was curious though if you've only been wearing the stockings. I'm asking only bc I've noticed that when I wear both the stockings and the bandages on top, my calves are like 1 or 2 cm smaller than when I wear only the stockings, so I've been wearing both. I'd like to know your thoughts and experiences. Are you still wearing the stockings, curious cause I know you're at the four month mark? Also has your scar faded, are you able to wear short things yet? Thanks Jackkki, talking to you before I decided to go for it helped a lot.

Hi Sunflower,

I'm sooo happy for you that you arengone threw this all and its over! I only now read all your experiences and posts because i was in hurry and had no time to lool at purse and all the news!

Also bad that we not get threw this together , i really wanted but i had no time to go threw it now... My plans are now there for November or january! I'm also afraid and happy at the same time as like u! But i think it would be so much better to do it and like my legs and wear short things or leggings wich i dont do now at this moment , because i hate my legs :sad:

How are u now? And can u send me some before and after pics on my email adress? Dont worry i'm very serious and it would be very helpful for me to see an actuell result of Dr.Park work! And can also send u some before pics of me ! May we have had the same calfs ?!

My Email Adress is: [email protected]

Thank u so much i can't wait for the pics!

Hi, how is everyone?
Im two months post ops today.
The swelling at the right ankle has completely disappeared but the left side is still a bit swollen. I have been walking, swimming, spinning and yoga-ing without any problems.
I bought silicone sheet to cover for the scars, hopefully they will heal in no time.
Morning upon walking out of bed, my legs feel a bit tight. But that is all about it.
The one and only thing that bugs me is the compression stocking..it causes rashes on my legs.

Yesterday, my bf complimented on how slim my legs are ...:hugs:..made me really happy for all the troubles that I have gone through

Hi, how is everyone?
Im two months post ops today.
The swelling at the right ankle has completely disappeared but the left side is still a bit swollen. I have been walking, swimming, spinning and yoga-ing without any problems.
I bought silicone sheet to cover for the scars, hopefully they will heal in no time.
Morning upon walking out of bed, my legs feel a bit tight. But that is all about it.
The one and only thing that bugs me is the compression stocking..it causes rashes on my legs.

Yesterday, my bf complimented on how slim my legs are ...:hugs:..made me really happy for all the troubles that I have gone through

Glad to hear that you are getting better. My boyfriend hasn't accepted the calf reduction yet 'cause he said it's would be so dangerous and waste of money just for...legs. But no one can understand us, i'm sure :smile:. People may think we're too crazy...

I have been read all of the threads from this topic. And I intend to go to Dr.Jong. One question to teenagedirt: Can u send your email for me so we can communicate easily. Is it okie if i send Dr.Jong email to ask him many questions? And how much did Dr Jong charged you for this surgery? Thanks in advance!